newstead report 11/12

thousandyards

the storm yesterday almost made me pull the pin but i thought i'd give it a go anyway. the rain lightened up by the time i got there so all was good - apart from some lightning which still looked a little close to the north/northeast. that and the mosquitos came out in force....ah well......

got down there around 7ish....first one there. threw the net a few times for no result - had some gar and mullet anyway so i figured i'd give bait fishing a shot. it's my first time there after all......

another bloke showed up around 8ish and netted himself a couple of livies. it was looking like a pretty slow night.

boon showed up, netted a livie for himself and caught a catty on my rod. old mate next to us managed a catty as well before his reel went off.......threadie!!

a couple of minutes later a beautiful gold threadfin came to the surface of the brown. it went around 85 cm to the fork and was nice and fat.....planned for a dinner party on the weekend we were told.

anyway......at least i got to see one caught. i'm now hooked myself!! i'll throw a pic up on the weekend.

anyone got any good, proven livie rigs for threadies and/or bullies??

Archived