Harry's on Tuesday??

aussie9

Guys,

My brother wants to go fishing with me on Tuesday. He has never been in a boat of any discription before. (50yrs old). I have asked him out heaps of times but I think its taken him a long time to work up to actually venturing out on the water.

I was thinking of heading our to Harry Atkinson's artificial reef.

Any reports from there, Mud or Peel?

No after any species in particular, but it would be good I guess if he could catch something.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

Hi Guys..

The trip has been put off till Wednesday now.

Our driveway into the property was washed out over our bridge in the recent floods. The local Council was doing road works out the front yesterday and I asked them if they didnt want the roadbase they were digging up to dump it in my driveway and I would spread it with tractor and back-blade. (Thinking about 10m3). I had to go out and when I got home there was about 60m3 right on the bridge..............

Cant get in or out....lol

Guess who'se going to have to spend the day on the tractor....

Better luck tomorrow..

Peter

Not a bad day!!!

Left Victoria Point arounf 5:00am and headed straight up to the eastern side of Peel.

After showing my brother the basics of using the rod and reel, he casts out and immediately hooks up to 42cm Tuskfish. He reckons this is easy enough!..

Couple more casts and up comes a 41cm Moari Cod (never seen one before)! We must have anchored on a family of these as we hooked about 12 juviniles around the 10cm mark in pretty short time. The tide was picking up by now and running hard in the shallows so we thought we would take a run up to Harry's. I wasnt expecting to even fish there after seeing that they were already starting to dump rocks there to rebuild the reef.

Pulled up at the southern end and after getting the berley going, hooked up to a 37cm Snapper. That was it though. Couldnt lose a bait after that.

A lot of reminising and a few fish (all released) and back to the ramp by 2:00pm.

A great day. He wants to go out again sometime.

Aussie

Archived