Monduran 2008 the movies

Feral

Brian's 124cm Barra.

Brian asked me to edit out the bits where he is winding with the camera in his hand, but you miss to many grunts groans and the sound of the drag peeling off, so in it stayed. Geez that You Tube craps up the quality, I will see which site it is that the rally boys use and post the rest over the next few days using that if I can.

[video type=youtube]

:lol: :lol: love seeing the epic battle from a "reel" point of veiw!..hahahahahah...wicked fish, wicked battle....if ya gunna keep fighting fish like that chilly ya might need to start working out during the "off season"...awesome fish!..love hearing the braid peeling off at 1000 miles an hour:cheer:

THanks Jimmy and getternet, it was great fun. A couple of comments if I may.

Thanks Feral, you are a good mate to do that posting for me. You and the other mods do a great job for nics, so cheers to you.

I thought it funny when Ray said "time to back off a bit". I don't remember ever packing off a fish, it's not in my range of knowledge or skill. I say trust your gear and give it to the fish. As mentioned at the house prior to catching it,I was aiming to bring it in under 5mins, I got close.

In saying that I nearly had gear failure when the knot slipped as menioned during the video (see photo of how close it was from letting go).

The most scariest point was when the rod was leaning on the gunwale rail, I wasn't being lazy, I just couldn't lift the rod off. I actually thought the rod was going to break but being a ripper Diawa rod she hung in there. I still remember thinking "don't let the rod jamb on the rail" but I couldn't stop it.

The saltist is a HRF from Diawa, I have a couple and I find them great robust reels, good casting and realable. As you see the drag is just right for barra, especially if you apply thumb preasure too. Yeah I would buy another if I needed it.

Ray I can't wait until next year [img size=461]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/lure-49167036f834d697224bd9d410a4d660.JPG

Ray's 98cm barra.

Got another of mine and Rays I'll do tonight. I'll get Stu's of Ray at christmas and post that as well.

Once I get all the videos together I'll put them on DVD and mail them to the people who went. Might send a copy to Angus as well, just because I know it will hurt ;)

[video type=youtube]

Then there was the boatie who cruised in to the ramp, put the boat on the bank, and had to have one "one last cast" from the bank before loading the boat.

Instant hook up! Fish immediately ran him around a snag, so jumped in the boat belowing out "launch the boat, launch the boat I'm on!"

SO we pushed him out, I whipped out the camera to record this momentous occassion, and this is the result.

(You might notice the smokey Mariner boys in the background getting their introduction to AFO fishing!)

[video type=youtube]4ZlUdGjZxPk&hl

• 8 months later...

Archived