My First Bully!!

brisbanebound

Hey I was actually down there last night as well... I was fishing the boardwalk and man the bream were on the bite. had hits every cast for around 2 hours, and hooked up to 8 bream. All between 25 and 28cm. Let them all go.

Was gonna give you a call Jamie to see if you were there... just completely forgot to when I got there.

Cheers folks.

I reckon i could have brought more in as I only had 2 casts and 2 hook ups.

One was enough excitement for one day for me.

I was on the beach bit, I was with a big tall guy dave, who fell in the river trying to grab the fish by the tail. :P

Fair play to the big man, he managed to get it in just in time as the trace snapped once on the beach.

Im defdinatley hooked on them but I need to get a bit more confident getting the hooks out as I want to start releasing them, Ive been feeling bad all day after killing it, although it was tasty see below!

I didnt have my lip holders so need to be sure and have them next time.

Is there a safe way to hold them and get the hooks out?

[img size=150]http://i39.tinypic.com/2eaq5mx.jpg

thousandyards wrote:

what did you get the bream on??

Hey mate,

Got them on sx40s and some other little hardbody lure.. little fat one :P Nice slow roll. Was all within the first 20m of the walkway.

But they were hitting EVERYTHING i threw at them... except a bubble pop35...mind you I only threw that out for 5 retrieves... and I've never caught anything on a popper.

Chucked out a couple of plastics but got it snagged so gave up.

Set up was a Shimano finesse raider on a stradic 2500 (damn these reels cast nice and far).

Archived