North Pine dam

jmac

I haven't fished North Pine dam for two years now and as I don't live close I can't easily check on the water level. I tried a spot just off Forgan road and while I had some bites didn't have any luck. I don't know if there is any water where I used to go.

Any suggestions on where I could try would be great? I don't know the area that well. Hoping to go over the next week or so.

Also does anyone know if dogs are allowed at the lake. I have a pup that I have been taking with me fishing lately?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Angus,

what access points are there? The only spot I have been is off forgan road. Are any of these access points closed during the night as when I go I will be there at first light or maybe last light?

The only two spots I have heard about are McGavins and Bullockies (where ever that is?). Are there any other spots close to a road.

two other spots that require some bushwalking are end of whiteside road accessed from dayboro road and end of gold rush road . gold rush road is good when the water level is up a bit there is a old bridge you can fish off. The rangers used to chase you in the daytime but i dont think they can access there now that the level is so low.

Good steep bank off end otr whiteside road.

Wish it would rain 2 years ago after they had 6inches in the catchment fish went balistic for a fortnight.

ray

I ended up going to McGavins a couple of days ago. First cast with a shrimp I got my first ever bass 30cm. Got a couple more as well about 25cm. Haven't done much lure fishing but decided to chuck one around and got hit by something and pulled out a 40cm bass. I would call it my first real lure caught fish. Fantastic morning.

Another guy who was there caught 3 bass to 40cm and a nice yella between 40-50 on a spinner lure.

Joe

I have got some pics but haven't downloaded them yet.

I am planning another trip and today bought some spinner bait lures but I don't know what they do in the water and therefore don't know how to tie them to the line. Does the whole lure spin around? If it does I assume I will need to connect the lure to the line using a swivel. Or is it only the blade that spins around and therefore I could probably just tie the lure straight onto the line.

How does anybody else tie these on?

Joe

Yeah ugliest most unlikely looking lure ever. I have seen video of them and big mouth bass, the fish love them, and for some reason they always bite on the hook part, not the spinner part.

Someone must of been really bored to even try making this style of lure, but thank goodness they did!

Feral wrote:

Yeah ugliest most unlikely looking lure ever. I have seen video of them and big mouth bass, the fish love them, and for some reason they always bite on the hook part, not the spinner part.

Someone must of been really bored to even try making this style of lure, but thank goodness they did!

i reckon someone droped thier car keys in the drink and was fishing them out with a coathanger when a fish attacked:P :side: :silly: ;)

Archived