Cheap overseas suppliers for tackle

JackBarrett13

Last night I walked merrily into BigW Carindale with my two young blokes in tow to buy the wife Abba Singstar for Chrissi (:blush: ). As I walked through the entrance the secret obese daughter of Adolf Hitler scowled at me..."We shut in FIVE minutes" she growled with a stern tight look on her less than welcoming face. Having learnt at a young age it costs nothing to smile and be nice I returned her glare with a wink and a grin "Yep, that's right" I said and walked briskly to collect the sole item.

I presented it at the conveniently located instore sales desk to be told in a haughty tone by the well presented gay (English is my second language) lad that they could process my purchase at the less conveniently located and busy checkout at the front of the store. "Oh, I see." I replied pleasantly.

At the checout I was waiting patiently when another smaller customer of the rotund short female variety stealthily advanced past me in the queue. I could tell the next vacancy at the register was about to happen and this scurilous customer was going to take advantage of my tolerant patient appearance. She was of course mistaken. "You're not jumping the queue are you ?" I said as I stared into her beady eyes. Her ruddy complexion reddened in the knowledge she had been sprung. As I shuffled past her she mumbled "You should mind your own business". I smiled at her and made my way to the waiting assistant.

Well unfortunately my joyous shopping experience was on it's last legs. I presented my fun item to a young lass who although white in complexion may well have been related to Stevie Wonder as she stared vacantly from side to side avoiding any eye contact with me. I'm not sure if her voice was similar to the Master Blaster's as even with my large receptive ears I was unable to detect so much as hello. I presented her my plastic card at what I determined was the right time and she gestured to the keypad with a slot on the side. I could tell she was having a good time despite the zombie-like expression on her face as she witnessed me slide the card this way and that before the screen said "Select Account". We waited together uncomfortably like two people on a blind date until she slid a piece of paper up the wrong way over to my side of the counter. I located a pen and signed my name and slid it back to her. No we still hadn't made eye contact - she was like a real blind date.

I retrieved my unbagged item from the counter, looked her in the eyes (which were still averted) and said "Thankyou for your great service". It was too late as I had started to turn away, but I caught her looking at me with a glint of well deserved contempt for me.

As I walked out I managed to catch the eye of Beryl Von Hitler and in a raised friendly tone asked her "How was that, quick enough for you?" I caught her offguard as she smiled cheerily at the thought someone was talking to her. It was only momentary until she realised what I meant.

All that pleasantness and then a few steps away from the shop 1st son remarks I am embarrassing!

I can't understand why online shopping has become so popular:huh: I really can't wait to do it again. :S

ellicat wrote:

Last night I walked merrily into BigW Carindale with my two young blokes in tow to buy the wife Abba Singstar for Chrissi (:blush: ). As I walked through the entrance the secret obese daughter of Adolf Hitler scowled at me..."We shut in FIVE minutes" she growled with a stern tight look on her less than welcoming face. Having learnt at a young age it costs nothing to smile and be nice I returned her glare with a wink and a grin "Yep, that's right" I said and walked briskly to collect the sole item.

I presented it at the conveniently located instore sales desk to be told in a haughty tone by the well presented gay (English is my second language) lad that they could process my purchase at the less conveniently located and busy checkout at the front of the store. "Oh, I see." I replied pleasantly.

At the checout I was waiting patiently when another smaller customer of the rotund short female variety stealthily advanced past me in the queue. I could tell the next vacancy at the register was about to happen and this scurilous customer was going to take advantage of my tolerant patient appearance. She was of course mistaken. "You're not jumping the queue are you ?" I said as I stared into her beady eyes. Her ruddy complexion reddened in the knowledge she had been sprung. As I shuffled past her she mumbled "You should mind your own business". I smiled at her and made my way to the waiting assistant.

Well unfortunately my joyous shopping experience was on it's last legs. I presented my fun item to a young lass who although white in complexion may well have been related to Stevie Wonder as she stared vacantly from side to side avoiding any eye contact with me. I'm not sure if her voice was similar to the Master Blaster's as even with my large receptive ears I was unable to detect so much as hello. I presented her my plastic card at what I determined was the right time and she gestured to the keypad with a slot on the side. I could tell she was having a good time despite the zombie-like expression on her face as she witnessed me slide the card this way and that before the screen said "Select Account". We waited together uncomfortably like two people on a blind date until she slid a piece of paper up the wrong way over to my side of the counter. I located a pen and signed my name and slid it back to her. No we still hadn't made eye contact - she was like a real blind date.

I retrieved my unbagged item from the counter, looked her in the eyes (which were still averted) and said "Thankyou for your great service". It was too late as I had started to turn away, but I caught her looking at me with a glint of well deserved contempt for me.

As I walked out I managed to catch the eye of Beryl Von Hitler and in a raised friendly tone asked her "How was that, quick enough for you?" I caught her offguard as she smiled cheerily at the thought someone was talking to her. It was only momentary until she realised what I meant.

All that pleasantness and then a few steps away from the shop 1st son remarks I am embarrassing!

I can't understand why online shopping has become so popular:huh: I really can't wait to do it again. :S

The joys of Xmas shopping... who says customer service & sales skills are dead :silly: ;)

Archived