Shimano sienna 2500

cpetrie

hey guys.

i'm looking at getting a new reel for my SP stick. at the moment ive got a shimano fx 2500, it works well but is less smooth then i would like. the reel i'm looking at is shimano sienna 2000-2500. i just don't want to spend too much.

what do u think of the reel?

has anyone got one?

anyone think a different reel would be better?

i target bream,flatty,whiting,cod(now) and other estuary species.

also what to load it with?

cheers,

Dave

cp, so you've got onto some fish, well done. now your thinking if only i had something that little bit better, i might do a bit better? i am a classic example of this, i must have a rod for every species known.and when i go fishing with a mate, i am always confident of getting the better fish because of the gear i use sometimes. well this could not be further from the truth, i use a 1-3 kilo rod sometimes in the river, while my mate uses a 10-15 kilo rod sometimes a 15-24 kilo rod, yes for the river, and he catches everything from whiting to threadies on these rods, while i just sometimes sit back,and think to myself #*^%#. and he is not a fisher person at all, so my advice is to keep using what you got. it's all in ya head lol.

cheers rob

mKs wrote:

What rod are u using?

For bream and flatty and most toher eustry species you should use a 1500 or if your rod can handle it a 1000size.

They will give you much more controll and feel over your lure, than a 2000 - 2500 size reel.

I have a 1000size shimano, if you buy qaulity braid it fits more than enough. I used sunline castaway 10lb, but its diameter is like 2-4lb fire line. I have fit 130mtrs on.

I like the daiwa exceller, excellent reel for a great price.

Im with mks go a 1500 or even 2000 daiwa reel as the 2000 is the same just a bigger spool and I have heard excllers are good they are around $130. But get in quick most fishing stuff is goin up from the 1st of january.

Archived