Trolling Lures in the Bay

Brian D

brian we caught heaps of mackeral on halcos in blue pilchard pattern 15 to 22cm and try little fizzers or pushers at about double normal trolling speed for bluefin tuna though alot of the time you need to stop and spin as fast as you can wind for the tuna they get really fussy and will only hit spinners that are the same size as what they are feeding on. you can sometimes break them out of this by running a gold spinner through them.

Brian D wrote:

Hey does anyone have any hints as to what is best lures for trolling around the bay for Mackerells and Tuna.

I would like to avoid going to tackle staore and buying heaps of crap I don't need.

Brian, I think you have a serious affliction - I reckon you've got tackle shop constipation (cant pass a tackle shop :woohoo:)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest IcEkNiGhT

small slug left just outside the wash to flutter by gets heaps of tuna.. or cd rapalals in mackreal blue get spainyards or wahoo... genrally from flinders to hutchies along with ambers and the likes, also halco gt trembler in blue works wonders, i had soo many hook ups on the back of the combie trade on this lure, always pop the hook tho befor gus had time to stop grrrrr. landed one good longtail tho on the back with this lure :)

• 4 months later...

Archived