AFO Event March 2009

Angus

Hey everyone.

Just looking at the calendar for next year and want to start organising prizes and dates for various events.

The first event I am planning is a Hinze Dam Saratoga & bass comp in March.

At the moment I am looking at the 14th-15th of March.

Does this suit anyone and would you be interested?

This event will encourage families, partners and kids to come along as being with Steve we can provide a lot of gear, boats etc.

This event is also awesome for first time freshwater anglers and new AFO members yet to attend events and meet some of the crew.

Cheers guys.

Angus

I wont be able to make it as I will be in Cambodia then.

If anyone wishes a loan of my yak ( viking Nemo ) or canoe ( 15 ft with outrigger has 3 seats but really only suitable for two after putting on leccy and battery.) or my dam boat. ( Clark Abalone 14ft 6 fishes 3 very comfortably with 55 lb bow mount and 46 lb stern mount) please PM me.

Note they will have to be picked up well before 23rd Feb and returned after 22 March.

Pick up from redland bay.You will have to organise your own racks or trailer for transport of yak and canoe.

Cheers

Ray

username_taken wrote:

I'll be keen mate. to derail the thread a little I was thinking it would be awesome to do the brissie river canoe trail this year as the kayak camp.

I think it's about a three day trip, so we'd need logistics support to set up camps, drop off yak's/canoe's etc, but with help from Steve and his crew I reckon it'd be doable.

Brilliant idea mate! Ill have a beer with Steve and dicuss!

wolfr wrote:

Thanks Angus, will pencil the date in, notify the kids and the 'leader of the opposition' ;) who is also keen for a fish :)

Good to hear mate.

Ill get more info up ASAP but at this moment Steve has pretty much said those dates should be good to go.

Cheers.

Angus

Id be super keen but im moving for a few years to Bright in Victoira. Not looking foward to being a mexican but im going there to follow my paragliding. The fishing will be different as well being alpine australia i will be getting into the trout hopefully on fly..

Im leaving at the end of February so will just miss out on the trip.. man that brisbane river canoe trail sounds like heaps of fun... I did it like 10 years ago from wivenhoe to kholo.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=bright+victoria&ie=UTF8&ll=-36.705862,146.960678&spn=0.240015,0.439453&t=h&z=11&g=bright+victoria&iwloc=addr

Is where Bright is if anyone is interested on its location. B)

fishingnut wrote:

Im in for sure should be a hoot if any one needs a decki for the event im your man( bit of a struggle to get the 40 yam off the back of my tinny)

there are electric powered canoes and tinnys available for use on these camps fishing nut

most of us dont bother with our own boats on hinze

jeff f wrote:

fishingnut wrote:
Im in for sure should be a hoot if any one needs a decki for the event im your man( bit of a struggle to get the 40 yam off the back of my tinny)

there are electric powered canoes and tinnys available for use on these camps fishing nut

most of us dont bother with our own boats on hinze

Like Jeff said, we will have 7 tinnies and 6 canoes with electrics available.

I do always encourage those with their own electric (and a lot of yakkers come) craft to bring their own. This way we can fit out as many people as possible that dont have the option.

Plus it does cost a little bit extra if you use the boats.

Cheers.

Angus

Guys considering this has only been up a few hour and loads of people are away, id say the intitial repsonse has been ample.

Ill confirm when I hear from Steve to make sure the camp site is available.

Worst case scenario its forward or back one week. But we will shoot hard for the afore mentioned.

Now there are just the other 6 or 7 events to firm up :P

Awesome.

Angus

jeff f wrote:

cool bring them on

for anyone who has never been to a afo camp they are great

great fishing

great food

great company

great hangover

and much hillarlty

Well said mate.

These events are actually my favourite part of running AFO. Although there are prizes, the competitive edge is way down in favour of a good time.

If only more people realised thats why we all fish hey :P

Angus

fishingnut wrote:

fuji hey what a bummer!:laugh: well this will be my first afo event and cannot wait. will finally get to meet some people and try to figure out user names to faces.

Thats the spirit :P

Trust me mate after doing a few of these its always an awesome time! I think the return attendee's are a great testimonial to this!

Angus

• 1 month later...

Reference: 9th March at Lake Kurwongbah Tilapia Cull, is a Freshwater License a must for Dam Enpoundments.

Where can I buy a License from Locally? not just for the day (Support for the whole year).

I have eaten Tilapia overseas Fresh,a bit bony but still had a clean not muddy taste.:laugh:

I have to take the day off to attend this one:fishing:

Hartsford wrote:

Reference: 9th March at Lake Kurwongbah Tilapia Cull, is a Freshwater License a must for Dam Enpoundments.

Where can I buy a License from Locally? not just for the day (Support for the whole year).

I have eaten Tilapia overseas Fresh,a bit bony but still had a clean not muddy taste.:laugh:

I have to take the day off to attend this one:fishing:

Mate each Dam id SE QLD at the moment is different.

North Pine Dam & Lake Kurwongbah Dam you dont need a permit at all at present.

The dat for the AFO Tilapia Cull has yet to be set (waiting on some more news from the PRFMA) but it will most likely be next hot season.

Yesterday I added a whole bunch of events to the AFO Calendar you might want to check out. There is a post about events for 2009 in the events section of the forum actually.

Cheers.

Angus

Archived