AFO Winter Events 2009

Angus

Hey guys.

This Winter there will be 2 major events.

Firstly there always popular winter camp is a given. This will be run pretty much the same as the past 2 years as its always been a success. For new guys check the old winter camp reports as they are pretty detailed and fun.

Secondly: The Brisbane River Bream and Snapper Comp was pretty good this year. I was thinking however, would anyone be interested in converting this into a Moreton Bay Classic comp based out of say Wello Point, Manly or Cleveland? Food for thought anyway but let me know. As always the popular vote will have it.

In addition to these major events I am thinking I will also organise a day trip out to Somerset. Pretty simple, BBQ, maybe a Prize rod for the longest bass of the day.

Cheers guys.

Feedback always appreciated.

Angus

Feral wrote:

Opening the comp up to the Bay sounds good, specially if based at wello, allows little boats yaks canoes etc a shot on the wello reef. Gets busy on weekends there though.

Somerset also sounds good for a day, is Ash ready to upgrade his boat again ? :whistle: :evil:

My thoughts exactly Feral.

Yakkers have an excellent chance of a good bream and maybe a decent squire here so it opens it upmto everyone.

Angus

Better ramps at Manly as Wello is a little open at high tide and if its windy be ok if we picked a day with high around 7 or 8 then could fish run up and turn and tide would be low enough from 11ish on for easy retrieve.

Better picnic facilities at Wello but both crowded at weekend.

Long paddle for yakkers at Manly to access reefs at wello and green.

Ski lice at somerset if using spit but if nice and cold that will keep most away.

I am happy with all locations.

Cheers

Ray

hey angus, travis mate.

i will check out the camp, somerset sounds good as i spent heaps of time up there as a kid, top end is pretty good just of the stanley river.. i just got a canadian 14ft today. i live at bald hills and the other half is at wilston so im keen for a fish

trwarren83 wrote:

hey angus, travis mate.

i will check out the camp, somerset sounds good as i spent heaps of time up there as a kid, top end is pretty good just of the stanley river.. i just got a canadian 14ft today. i live at bald hills and the other half is at wilston so im keen for a fish

Nice one mate. And welcome to the site.

Dont hesitate to bring the mrs along as from past experience there is often a very healty boy/gril ratio. In fact last winter camp it was nearly 50-50!

Cheers.

Angus

like the sound of the bay bream and snapper comp. i agree with ray, basing at manly would be better regarding launch/retrieve, however, i can appreciate the difficulties for a yakker. just remember by that time st helena will be totally out of bounds (thank you labor government.... :angry: ), limiting somewhat the close-in areas around manly. maybe we could have something similar to last year, launch wherever, fish from "x" am - "y" pm and meet up at ______ (insert spot here) for bbq and prizes.

winter camp i will be there for sure whether hinze or maroon - personally i prefer maroon coz you can BYO "power" boat, somerset trip no promises but will try!

my 2c worth.

benno

Archived