cape morton trip fri 2/1/09 reef fishing

rumrunner

heading out to cape morton tomorrow to try our luck at the reefs around the area!

launching from bribie boat ramp and heading to brennon shouals and then of to flinders to have a look if weather permits!

back up plan is to hit curtain if the s/e blows up.

wish us all luck!

2 boats heading out are assaguy and absconded

keep an eye out for the report called cape morton report 2/1/09 !

cheers rummy! :fishing:

A lot of Marlin out there at the moment, they are hard to get on lures at the moment, but bait is working a treat. Alsoo a lot of small Bonitto about that would make great bait.

I hear trawling skirted lures around Flinders reef is catching quite a few Dolphin fish/Mahi Mahi.

The best of luck!

Jayson

Good luck. Some of the shallow reefs have been producing very nicely for us lately. Mostly snapper.

On the current forecast I think it will be pretty sloppy. I am a bit of a pussy, but I wouldn't bother going outside on that forecast.

If I were heading out I would start early at shallow tempest as ou will have a bit of shelter from the north wester then when the south easterly kicks in you can ride with it until you get back around the cape.

thanks for the well wishes and tips guys!

im more keen on bottom bashin for some big buggers if there down there?

im trying out a new combo i got for xmas!

daiwa saltega 15 spooled with daiawa saltega tournament 35lb braid and slapped on my new drop shot! hopefully i can hook up something big and give it a good work out!

cheers Rummy! :fishing:

dhess wrote:

If you can find some livies you stand a very decent chance of a smoking.

Last time I was there I got my arse handed to me several times with the drag locked up on a tyrnos 20 on 50lb braid.

will see if they can smoke my Tyrnos 30 loaded with 50 lb braid :woohoo: I look forward to the challenge ;) either way gunna be fun :woohoo:

Gaz

Archived