Thick & Chunky Bass

Bommie

Headed out this afternoon in the canoe and yak to Big W to see if any redclaw were about, arrived about 3:00 readied the traps then set them. Then we went for a troll around the bass spots to pass the time. First pass over the sunken tree stumps and I was on, for about 30 seconds. Dad had just came around the point and I was on again, looking for the landing net as I was fighting the fish, realised that I left it at home then dropped the fish. Trolled for a little bit longer then we sheltered up against the bank out of the wind for a bit of casting, a few hits no hookup.

Then we start to head back to check the traps when I see dad hook up to something decent, put a nice bend in the rod. I paddle over getting the lip grips ready(no net) when he says "its snagged me, hang on its out,,,nah its snagged again." After giving it a bit of line and paddling back over the fish & snag it still wasn't going to budge, so I get the tackleback out hook it up to his line and after a couple of jigs out comes the fish. Quickly pull the tackleback back up the line and take it off and dad fights the fish once again then finally hauls this over the side of the yak. [img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_3196_AFO.jpg

post-2146-144598482545_thumb.jpg

mangler wrote:

Bommie wrote:
not a one Mangler:unsure:

Bugger, at least the bass was a nice consolation prize. :cheer:

not for me it wasn't, that puts the old man in front for biggest bass from wivenhoe:(

don't know about the redclaw, we did alright at somerset at x'mas

cracker bass mate, I have heard of some good land based bass caught there lately as well.The key to cast and retrieve there at the moment is fast retrieve or the catties are all over your lure but still some good bass and yellas being caught off the submerged grass.:fishing:

thanks guys, that was a dirty fighting bass,

Stu, fast retrieve or troll and little or no rattle in the lure as well, anytime Angus, Wayne once I switched to that lure with a bit a green is when the action started but all I got after the bass was the big w trout [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_3204_AFO.jpg

post-1642-14459848263_thumb.jpg

Archived