The Bass Tracker re-born

BassTracker

Hey guys, just thought Id show a few pics of the old tinnie.. The bass tracker was originaly owned by Fishing Monthly Pro Shane McKee, he passed it on to my sister in-law (one of the owners of fMQ) and she passed it on to me a few years back, the story goes that there isnt a creek or river from the tweed to cairns that this boat hasnt been in.. and out to quite a few islands. I've personaly taken it throughout the bay and over to morton, up to bundaberg and 1770 and through a number of rivers inbetween, unfortunatly the splits in the bottom held together by marine sikaflex just werent holding and the 20 year old 15 hp Johnson had given up the ghost. So I thought the old girl deserved some attention, so with some polyurithane paint, some stainless bits, some plywood, and marine carpet, not to mention the new mercury 25hp I think its come up well..

Sensational looking revamp of an old tried and tested hull. Sometimes its always better to go with what you know instead of trying to re invent the wheel.

Would hate to see you pinged for incorrect nav lights though on front. Those should be mounted laying down to provide 135degree view from centre line of boat. Just a heads up....

Ive read that the mackeral are back in numbers, they've been catching heaps up at hervey bay, they said its the best season in 15 years up there. Sea Breeze has a nasty habit of giving nasty suprises when you update it at 9pm the night before you go out! I hope it stays good too, Im going to try and get out as soon as the wind drops!

Archived