tha coomera riva??

noname

a mate and myself have been fishing out or me lil tinnie for a while now, and having a bloody ball each time we go tossing lures all over the place, anyway does anybody know if there is much to look out for in the coomera river, eg. rocks and the like. as these trips take place at night only, just want to make sure.

cheers rob

the bridge just down from the public boat ramp there (to be honest i'm not exactly sure if theres more than one boatramp, i've only been a handful of times with my mate driving and me not paying attention :P ) often has heaps of trevs and tarpons busting the surface at night. Theres some good structure and holes under there and plenty of bait too.

take the public ramp and turn right and its only a few 100 m's away

you can fish from the M1 bridges upstream to the big lake, but there is numerous shallow rock shoals and further up lots of rock bars, better off trying at day time or put in up near john muntz causeway there is a nice size tidal lake with a puplic ramp and it is pretty deep avg 4 mtrs but heaps of holes 7-8mtrs,lots of trevs jew big flathead and jacks good variety !!

again, thanks.

not really targetting any particular species, the tinnie's so versatile and easy to clean, just enjoy going to other places, daytime is not an option as it's too bloody hot in a tinnie now for me, scared of needles, let alone scalpels! and rather spend the day at home in the a/c.;)

Archived