Gold Coast

hulk

Hi,

I am taking my family down to Surfers Paradise for a week this week and am looking for a family friendly spot to fish with them close by whether it be fishing off a canal or a river bank.

I went for a preview last weekend and saw Chevron Island and it looked fine for day fishing but really iffy at night for safety purposes.(the area where the council chambers are is where I am talking about)

Thanks in advance

Hulk

Hey Adam, mate A really good place is at the spit on the Broadwater side mate there is beach all along there and a really good place for the kids to swim and if ya lucky u will pick up a feed of whiting or flathead while ya there:woohoo: .Alot safer than the main beach as there aint rips:)

Dean;)

^^^^what he said^^^^

The spit is a good spot where the bay is, very calm waters perfect for fishing and swimming. Have caught flathead and some stonker whiting there so definatly worth a fish. Its also lure country so take some soft plastics as there are weed beds and a few channels that should have something lurking in there ready to pounce :)

If it was me, I would head for bums bay and the rock walls along the seaway. Bums bay is the inlet past seaworld.

There are areas for families to set up camp for lunch or dinner, safe swimming, a good spot for surface lure for whiting and flatties, the seaway is right behind you so you can work the walls and seaway without having wifie feel like you have abandoned her the ocean is right beside you so you can have a go from the jetty.

Another good spot is behind narrow neck. THere is a canal with a bridge and some banks, there's the surf and plenty of space for the kids.

Bums Bay would be my 1st choice

Archived