Bremer river

jpart10

Some of the local kids fish at and around the boat ramp at Cribb Park Nth Ippy and catch legal length bream,look good,nice silvery colour,flathead can be caught around that area too.

When Riverlink shopping centre was starting to be built approx 3years ago some of the workers were setting crab pots and getting some good size crabs.

An aquaintance lives down river from there and puts pots in and gets regular feeds.He told me he puts them in fresh water for a day before he cooks them.

He hasn`t grown extra heads or fingers yet.

cheers

Bommie wrote:

bullsharks, catfish, bullsharks, catfish, bream, catfish, bullsharks, flathead, bullsharks, bass, yellow and spangled perch in the upper reaches, catfish

You left out the occasional body that decides to leap from the town bridge.

And as for the purity of the water around the area, remember a certain family starting with B regularily swim and bathe in it..... but there is nothing wrong with them... NOT!

• 11 years later...

Hi Hamish

Unfortunately, I have not caught any yabbies around Ipswich. I did a nit of research and couldn't find anything either, sorry. If you are looking for red claw, then you would probably be best of going to one of the dams (North Pine, Somerset, Wivenhoe, etc). You will need opera house traps for a trap to catch them. 

If you want bass yabbies (or nippers as they are known), most sand flats in cleaner water have them. You will need a pump though. 

Hope that helped,

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

• 2 years later...