Baroon Pocket AFO trip 30/12/06

Feral

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is fairly common for a swimming snake to try to get into a boat. Its happened to me twice on lake Sampsonvale. once when we were anchored and a black snake tried to climb the anchor rope and we saw it. The anchor is still there we just cut the rope.

The next time we saw the snake change direction and swim towards us and we were able to upanchor and move,I think that they just want to have a rest and come into the boat.It is a potentially dangerous situation as there is nowhere to go and you have to be carefull not to antagonise the snake.

Ray

:lol: A great day had by all. Would firstly on behalf of all the \"yakkers\" would like to thank the \"boaters\" on the bbq and beers.It was vey apprecitated.thanx guys!:)

Ash and I arrived at the ramp bout 4am and very excited to get the yaks in and get stuck into the bass.So yaks in and we trolled over to the western side just north of \"cod Beach\" (we have made up names for certain locations;) ). On the way over i managed a small spangled perch on a stumpjumper.(my only fish not on a tassie devil) Yaks were beached and the assault beagn. I managed a bass in no time and was estatic that we had found them so early!My phone rang just as i cast out and it was Angus asking where we were, i had hooked up while on the phone so he and terry were over in no time to get in the action..It was a cool site to see all 4 yaks beached next to each other..Angus didnt waste any time in getting a nice bass and after a few piccys it was sent home..I cant remember excatly how many bass we pulled from this bank but i do know the spangled perch total began to suprise all of us already:unsure: Hahahaha nearly forgot! ASH! He got his 1st bass ever here! A nice one too and on a tassie devil! Never seen Ash so happy to hold a fish in is hands.But im sure all bass fishos can understand that feeling..Godd on ya Ash, ya got the bug for life now!:woohoo:

So the next place we had a go was \"dire Straights\".It didnt fire like it last time for me and angus but it mite be due to a boat we passed saying they just pulled 30 bass from there.:P

\"Big Bass Bay\" was the next port of call,and on the way there ASh nailed his 2nd bass on a spinner bait.Could have heard his woohoo's from b risbane i reckon:P ..i managed a bass just out side the bay and we all had several hits coming in to the bay. Once inside Angus was the 1st to notice how much the water level had fallen since our last trip.Cant remember if any bass were caught in here:unsure: sorry guys..but i know this where Terry caught a 1000 spangled perch and ASh had a fight with a tree....This is where he met up with the \"boaters\".. we had a bit of a chat on a near by bank, caught more spangles then croosed the dam to troll around a nice rock cliff on the way back to the ramp for lunch...on the way back Angus and I managed a few more bass and ASh and Terry played around with the perch some more:P So we get back to the ramp and we all started flicking tassies out around a marker bouy...this where Terry got his 1st bass!He was very relived to break his so far duck of a trip....we had double, triple and even quadroople hookups here! and right where we started from!:woohoo: Angus and I were neck and neck for a while in the bass stakes here but a few in a row had me in double figures! Lunch time and the whole crew was chatting fishing sharing a story or two and meeting new faces. it was a great break from the fishing. and thanx again to the guys for putting on the feed....and those snags u made ray,,,bloody bewdiful mate!....after lunch a few more bass from the ramp area and another few hundred perch and back off to the \"cod Beach\" area....the wind was up and white caps everywhere by now and the water really silted up over this side...Angus and i were worried this mite not be good for getting any more bass but we were proven wrong.. thankfully....we managed to get a few right in close in the dirty water...nearly every bass here would brick you in the weeds so you would have to wait till they wanted to come out then get stuck into them again....another 100 perch here and terry got another bass around the corner.....Tiredness was kicking in and the decision was made to head off home....Trolling back Ash got hid 3rd bass! I was trying to get my camera out of the bag for too long and the bass jumped out of his yak:( my bad ash...sorry...

So it was an awesome day...over 50 perch caught by the Yakkers alone! never seen so many caught on lures before!

the final tally james-18 bass 15+ perch

Angus-10 bass

Terry-7 bass 1232 perch:P

Ash -3 bass 11 perch?

Sorry if i missed anything guys :unsure: [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/spang.JPG

post-180-144598404443_thumb.jpg

Photo?

was to busy doing my \"riverdancing\" imitation!

It cetainly was a pleasure to have a good feed for lunch. Particulary as usually lunchtime has always been the end of the day when fishing electrics, usually getting low in batteries by then.

A bit of a rest in the hottest part of the day, and the old human fuel tank restocked, made it an easy task to fish out the day. We did not pull the boat out until 5 o'clock. Could have stayed loger but Brian had a dinner engagement, and being worried that he might not be allowed out to play next time if he was late, we called it a day.

I'll have to get the navigation lights onto the boat so next time we can fish through dusk!

What a top day - by my count we landed overall more then 150 fish with at least 70 bass between us.

How about that, 70 bass in a day for a group of blokes is fantastic anywhere.

I wittnessed the bass taking tassie deveils, jackals, spinners baits, small bream HB's, minnows, plastics, kakodas and some weird things Furg used. They were on fire. [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/bassspin.JPG

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/12/31 11:50

post-118-144598404446_thumb.jpg

Hi there I noticed some of you guys are wearing sandle type of footwear. Are they able to be worn in water, and if so, can you tell me where you buy them from. I've got a pair of surf shoes from BCF, but they fill up with water all the time and most uncomfortable. Cheers, Fisher_191

Post edited by: Fisher_191, at: 2006/12/31 12:52

Post edited by: Fisher_191, at: 2006/12/31 12:54

If you are rich you go to a shoe shop and buy a pair of crocs for $50- $60, If you value your money go to kmart and get a pair for around $12 or if you are like me and really mean get a pair from big w for just under $9,

They are all really comfortable and non slip on wet tiles etc but I still went for a bit of a skate on the slimy ramp at baroon. The only problem I have with them is that they can pick up a small stone through the drainage holes.

You can buy them in a large range of colours but i went for black rather than irredesent hot pink.

Ray

Yeah, I laughed at Rays, until I took the top off a toe on the ramp at Awoonga, now I wear them. Much more comfprtable than a wet pair of sandshoes!

Some people cut off the back strap, but I find it helps keep them on in mud and slush. You can wear them anywere, water land, even bait shops!.

I did think I might end up with little pink dots all over my feet yesterday, because I forgot to put sunscreen on them before putting on the sandles, but I didn't.

Brian, I thought Angus or someone was going to see if they could do a bulk order of the tassie devils for all of us?

Brian D wrote:

Now here's a nice add. The only thing with eth right light is the logo. I gotta learn to take my hat off when taking photos. [img size=428]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/andrew_2.JPG

or you can get one of those cameras which take away the shade for you;) ...but then again taking off the hat is cheaper than buying a camera

James: I don't like your photos mate, I'm not in everyone of them! :laugh:

I believe Ash caught the same number, or beat me by 1 in the spangled perch department :woohoo:

Didn't Angus name that spot \"Terry's Turning Point\" ? I don't mind taht spot, should hit it up again next time:P

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2006/12/31 15:38

Feral wrote:

Photo?

was to busy doing my \"riverdancing\" imitation!

It cetainly was a pleasure to have a good feed for lunch.

Is that what you called it \"the river dance\"

Crap that was funny, :woohoo:

That the funnies use of a cork handle I've ever seen. :silly:

And jump - Ha you went from sitting to standing in a micro second - can you imagine if you were in your 7 foot boat and jumped like that. :blink:

Some friend I am - you nearly get bitten by a snake and I piss myself laughing reflecting on the event trying to type this reply. :evil:

Brian D wrote:

That the funnies use of a cork handle I've ever seen.

Some friend I am - you nearly get bitten by a snake and I piss myself laughing reflecting on the event trying to type this reply. :evil:

As would I if the roles were reversed! It was your rod anyway!

If it was the 7 footer, I'd reckon she would have been on the bottom, and the snake would have been trying to climb on my head, but it would have to be quick, I would have made Grant Hacket look slow!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/12/31 20:55

Guest IcEkNiGhT

nice fish boys. was that goanna trying to eat that turkey?\". i have a pet carpet snake thats 8 feet long so if anyone can catch that turkey $50 bucks :P we went to noosa and tried catching them once.. there quick as and the locals dont like you catching them :P we managed to jagg one on a slug and the snake enjoyed :)

Archived