Favourite Barra Hardbody - Monduran

Angus

Hey guys.

Heading up to Monduran in a few weeks and wondering if anyone would share some experiences with various lures.

We will be both trolling the basin and casting in the sticks.

One thing I am concerned with is depth. Id hate to be trolling around all day hitless only becuase the barra were significantly above or below my lure. Obviously we will happily experiment but any tips would be appreciated.

At present I have some:

Vipers.

RMG Scorpions.

A bomber.

Are Jackals worth a throw in the timber or better sometihng with a bigger profile?

Cheers.

Angus

I don't know too much about barra hardbodies but maybe you should try squidgy slick rigs on the edges of the weed beds. The AFC guys barely even use harbodies

also try the bays where the wind is blowing into as the hot water on the surface gets blown into these.

As for jackalls i reckon the jackall doozers would have to work same price as your normal jackall but much bigger.

Yeah the soft plastics are a must to pack for the edges, holes and drop offs. It is worth a call to Foxies to see what is happening this week.

Large spinner baits and surface lures are also a need to pack thing.

If I could take only 10 lures I would take

B52 Large Gold x 2

B52 Large Silver x 2

Large Barra Classic 10' or 3.5m (not the small body) x 2 (Guns'n'roses and Gold)

Popper med x 1

Spinner Bait x 1

Bibless Jackel with upgraded hooks

Pack of plastics

Brian D wrote:

Yeah the soft plastics are a must to pack for the edges, holes and drop offs. It is worth a call to Foxies to see what is happening this week.

Large spinner baits and surface lures are also a need to pack thing.

If I could take only 10 lures I would take

B52 Large Gold x 2

B52 Large Silver x 2

Large Barra Classic 10' or 3.5m (not the small body) x 2 (Guns'n'roses and Gold)

Popper med x 1

Spinner Bait x 1

Bibless Jackel with upgraded hooks

Pack of plastics

Thanks guys :)

I have some slick rigs but will prob get some more.

I wasnt planning of surface action but best to be prepared hey :)

Cheers.

Angus

Yoodles82 wrote:

Sweet. I'm hittin monduran over the easter break and was going to ask the same question.

What sought of soft plastics would you get???

Cheers

Nat

MAte everyone seems to think Slick Rigs for Monduran. This is prob also a good reason to try something differnet... :P

I watched an IFish episode yesterday with a Monduran section and the guide caught a massive one on a frog lure, I think it was even a GULP and a TT jig head with the lead halfway down the hook. This was way up in the timber so not a deep lure.

Angus

Mack_attack wrote:

mKs wrote:
A squidgy boof frog (white) with a weedless tt hook

I was about to say the exact same thing:laugh:

Jason Wilhelm at Monduran on ifish i think everyone has seen this episodeB)

Yes I also say that.

I think in October for my dad and my birthdays we are getting a 3 day charter with Barra Madness. Woot!

Angus

Archived