AFO Bass'in Social - 28th Feb - 1st March

Angus

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dazzamcgee wrote:

Guy's I'm stiil trying to chase one up!

Hinze dam is not apart of the SIP program and the local council has nothing to do with the permits anymore! The ranger is the only place hinze permits can be obtained.

So the ranger I must find!

Angus any chance I can buy one through you on the day???

I dont sell them. But I think Steve may have some that can be filled out...

Try emailing him: sportstuition@optusnet.com.au

Cheers.

Angus wrote:

Brian D wrote:
With the water levels being so high can we launch from the camp or do we need to launch from the west ramp?

Have the bass started returning to the back water yet or are they schooling further down the dam towards the wall?

Has the rain slowed things down and spread out the schools?

Any word on Toga?

After meeting at the campsite we are getting the brief and then launching at the Scout Camp site. Same place we held the Kayak Camp and just around the corner from our camp site. So no big drive. This location will also allow us to lock the gates and have good security for our cars :)

As for news on the fish, the bass are biting. Steve had a trip recently where 4 toga were caught which is a record! So hopefully its all good :)

Angus

So our vehicles are not going to be near the camp site. There is stuff in my car that i will need.

Angus wrote:

Dazzamcgee wrote:
Guy's I'm stiil trying to chase one up!

Hinze dam is not apart of the SIP program and the local council has nothing to do with the permits anymore! The ranger is the only place hinze permits can be obtained.

So the ranger I must find!

Angus any chance I can buy one through you on the day???

I dont sell them. But I think Steve may have some that can be filled out...

Try emailing him: sportstuition@optusnet.com.au

Cheers.

Thanx Gus

I've just sent off an email to Steve......

See how we go!

Do$tylz wrote:

just google earthed the directions to the camp site... looks like it'll be a fun drive for the last couple of kms :)

Is this the said 'big bridge' and sharp left??

http://maps.google.com.au/?ie=UTF8&ll=-28.108378,153.244123&spn=0.001874,0.006866&t=h&z=18

it does look quite exciting. you wouldn't need a 4WD or something to access the last bit would you? i've only got a tiny car. :unsure:

Hey guys.

This is the final list.

Please let me know if you dont see yourself here but are coming.

Looking forward to it!

Bassin Social 2009 List.

Steve Wilkes – Sports – Canoe 3

Angus Gorrie – Angus – Canoe 4

Tanya Gorrie – Tanya – Tinny 3

Ellen Wren – Ellen – Tinny 3

Tom Lazlo – Tomca – Own Boat

Ben Elbelt - benno573 – Own Boat

Richard Allt – Shortie - Own Boat

Malcolm West – Malcolm – Own Boat

Garry Oster – Gazza – Own Boat

John Barclay – Canoe 1 (With Outrigger)

Nick Barclay – Canoe 1 (With Outrigger)

Henry Do - Do$tylz – Tinny 5

Nigel Stokes – Tinny 5

Wallace Chin – Tinny 5

Greg Wilkinson – Wilko – Tinny 2

Misha Eastwood – Tinny 2

Neil Cleaver – Tinny 2

Kurt Stoddart – Kstod – Canoe 2

Chris Smith – Canoe 2

Adrian Hing – Kiara_Poltergeist – Tinny 4

Eddie Teo - Viperon – Tinny 4

Jody Siong – Tinny 4

Miss Looi – Tinny 4

Brian Dawson – Brian D - Own Boat

Jeff Flynn – Jeff F – Own Boat.

Paul Czarkowski – Own Boat

Saturday Only

Dennis Pearce - Dinodadog

Bruce Gregory

Darren Elford - Dazzamcgee.

Hey guys. Just got this directions email from Steve. Thought some of you might like it.

Cheers.

Directions

The group is arriving at 7am at the Environmental Centre for a briefing before moving to the dam.

From Brisbane you are looking at around 1 hr 15min for the trip.

From Brisbane, heading down the M1, take exit 69 which is Nerang North / Surfers Paradise. Down the off ramp turn right at the lights onto Price Street. Do not veer off this road...it leads into Nerang Murwillumbah Rd. You basically follow that road for around 20 minutes. You will cross a large bridge (Pine Creek Bridge). Take a hard left after the bridge and the campsite is on the hill.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday morning.

Malcolm wrote:

hey Brian are you fair dinkum about a bbq aboard the cannonball if so I will bring something to cook

Mal, I don't think we will have time to cook and it may be too hot to want to. But yes I was leaving the Ball open as a mother ship with you and Shortie as floating deckies (yakkers). I will pack a long tow rope and I am guessing Jeff, Gazza and Dazza not to be too far away from the "floating bar".

I have one of those little gas cookers that boils water but I kinda think XXXX gold will be first choice. I will pack some personal fishing nibblets.

Steve will deliver food while we are on the water, I think that is how it goes. But Mal and Shortie I was thinking you could place an esky and other stuff on the cannonball if you wanted to.

Yahoo, I haven't been fishing for weeks, this is gonna be fun.

Brian D wrote:

Malcolm wrote:
hey Brian are you fair dinkum about a bbq aboard the cannonball if so I will bring something to cook

Mal, I don't think we will have time to cook and it may be too hot to want to. But yes I was leaving the Ball open as a mother ship with you and Shortie as floating deckies (yakkers). I will pack a long tow rope and I am guessing Jeff, Gazza and Dazza not to be too far away from the "floating bar".

I have one of those little gas cookers that boils water but I kinda think XXXX gold will be first choice. I will pack some personal fishing nibblets.

Steve will deliver food while we are on the water, I think that is how it goes. But Mal and Shortie I was thinking you could place an esky and other stuff on the cannonball if you wanted to.

]

Esky???? I got a generator and and cold room to go aboard.

I'll bring a Mijoko bait caster rod never used. As a prize to the funniest photo of the W/E

to be judged by the majority within 5 days of the end of the W/E

just for abit of fun :woohoo:

NO PHOTO'S without all parties agreed on the content :ie no was THAT ME :woohoo: permission only photo's

thought it might be a bit of fun

Gaz

shortie wrote:

Brian D wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

]

Esky???? I got a generator and and cold room to go aboard.

Haha sure, all you gotta do is put it on your yak and paddle it to the mother ship. Just make them cans, I think they float. :dry:

If you want to put a portable keg system on the cannanball that would be OK. I have the room. Should I pick up some extra ice for the cooling coils.:)

shortie wrote:

Angus wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
The only thing I've got ready is my attitude,I'm still at work but only in body, my mind is focussed on the weekend:woohoo:

Mal have you walked away from a AFO event without a prize yet? :P

Angus

some of us havnt walked away with a prize yet.

Hey Shortie here is a tip for ya.Try wetting a line:P

Malcolm wrote:

shortie wrote:
Angus wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
The only thing I've got ready is my attitude,I'm still at work but only in body, my mind is focussed on the weekend:woohoo:

Mal have you walked away from a AFO event without a prize yet? :P

Angus

some of us havnt walked away with a prize yet.

Hey Shortie here is a tip for ya.Try wetting a line:P

rofl

Brian D wrote:

I've just got back from the Bottleshop so I can start packing now! In goes the XXXX Gold and Ice, anything else needed?

You shouldn't need anything else provided you have enough:cheer:

The only other thing I would sudgest is some hard liquer for the evening or os that just me :silly: :silly: :blink: :blink: :X B) :fishing:

Archived