Marlin tomorrow

goat_man_baa

Heading south of Bris tomorrow to try and find myself a marlin although still trying to pick between heading out off the seaway or out around tweed. Has anybody been out that way recently and know what the water is like. Currently leaning towards tweed as there is the backup plan of shooting out to 9 mile or down to kingy bommies to target something else

In the end i flipped a coin and went out from the seaway to a near perfect sea. Not many other boats out trolling so headed down to burleigh to find a small patch of bait but with nothing else around it no hits or hook ups. Headed out wider to find some better water and found some good signs but still no bait or birds. Followed the tide line north for a while when finally as i started heading in i spotted some active birds. As i approached the bait i saw a few massive splashes and the heart rate went up when finally ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ i was on. i turned around to sea a bill sticking out of the water splashing around my lure. Got my other 3 rods in took hold of the fish as it dove deep. After about 10 mins of give and take i just got colour as it started to loop around the boat before diving down under the boat again. I played it back up to the double and had him just beside/under the boat when he made another run and got off. Spewing about no photos but he saved me doing a release on my own anyway. Also on the way in saw a game boat with 6 tag flags up!!

Archived