To Pay or Not

Gazza

I read several forums with interest and always read similar posts about crappy boat ramps etc I'm just as guilty :(

But coming from down south where nearly all ramps (I Did say nearly lol) have a jetty or pontoon safe parking no depth worries but you do pay :woohoo:

Now the big question ?

do we winge about the crappy ramps ? and achieve nothing

do we offer that we agree to a pay as you use service ie: x amount /launch( providing the ramp is upgraded)

Or we could offer that we pay a levy on our boat rego with the proviso that proof of every cent of those funds go to the upgrading of services for the Boaties

There's probably heaps more ways

be interesting to see others thoughts

Cheers Gaz

and interestingly the Boat and trailer rego's are nearly 3 x that of Vic figure that out

Maybe some BIG questions need to be asked ??

Why do we pay such high fee's for crap ?

as mentioned car rego's go to roadworks so they say :angry:

but dumb assed board walks seem to get fixed but not ramps ????

it would be very interesting to see a break down on where our rego's go :woohoo:

Gaz

Ray it is in my belief

That having fished most of the coast of OZ with so many different permits licences

I would be Happy to pay an Annual Australia wide fishing licence with funds being spread to their respective areas of payment :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

but back to ramps waterlice pay rego so why not let them help :P we can with a national licence for our fishing needs :)

Gaz

Gazza there are a few private ramps around. The ramps tend to be not so good, why it is worth using them is the parking security provided.

I reckon the local boy scouts could earn a few bucks camping at the ramps over weekends for security and asking for a gold coin donation from the users. Particularly the bigger more isolated ramps. (I wouldn't expect them to tackle anyone, just ring the wallopers)

our main local ramp here has just undergone major repairs and the parking area is next...

would suit your vessel fine gazza and the mackeral are starting to show up on the close reefs ....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: not in huge numbers yet but some good fish to be had

pm me gazza... im hot for a mack session...spots but mostly spaniards ... dont let anyone else know ok ... ;):P :P

Archived