Maroon dam Sat 21/2/09

Aaron H

Well as I have been left to my own devices this weekend so despite the threat of storms I had to have at least one fishing trip before I did the mad dash clean up before the boss came home:blush:

I really wanted to go to Hinze but was unsure whether the tracks would be Camry friendly after the rain, so Maroon it was (I also still had the Yammy outboard on the back and couldn't be bothered taking it off)

Well I arrived there around 2:30pm after driving through rain and being stuck behind farmer Joe in his old bedford truck on Ipswich-Boonah, and was delighted to find a glassed out lake with relatively few skiiers.

I started off trolling a G-vibe and a stump jumper and was having a slow afternoon till a mid 30's yella jumped on the stumpy.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Maroon_yella.JPG

I then deicided a change of tactic and downsized lure to predatek min min in gold. Well I kept this lure on for the rest of the arvo and lost count on the number of small bass 15-30cm. Also caught my first silver perch in Maroon again on my little Min Min

post-266-144598485891_thumb.jpg

Archived