Mt Crosby fishing 24/2

Davo_Dinkum

went for a wander about Mt Crosby down form the main weir we walked about for 2hrs exploring the area a bit. fished 2 different spots.

bait: chicken breast,servo prawns,bread

sp's: 3 minnow

got hits on all of the bait and sp,heaps of gar out there from 8 to 20 cm and small bream.i got a 0 pretty much bar some gar.stick_queen kicked my ass with a good bream about 25-26 cm and some small grunter bream things.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P2242189a.jpg

post-4394-144598486275_thumb.jpg

on the dpi site

What is a non-indigenous fish?

A non-indigenous fish is one that is living in an area where it is not naturally found. A non-indigenous fish may be a fish from another country, state/territory or catchment. For example, a fish that is naturally found in the northern part of Queensland (eg banded grunter) would be classed as non-indigenous if it was found in waterways in south-east Queensland.

but they are not on the Exotic pest fish or Noxious fish or Exotic pest fish - Non-indigenous fish lists

Size, take and possession limits - fresh waters

The following freshwater species have a take and possession limit of 20

Banded grunter

but i can't find anything on i should kill them like tilapia

stuffs me been read the site for a hr and 1/2 looked tons of pages and have a headache from reading.

anyways the bream went back to be caught another day as i don't feel like fish tonight and the 2 banded grunters are mick jaguar food he has been hungry ate a 4 inch catty and 4 inch gar last week

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

on the dpi site

What is a non-indigenous fish?

A non-indigenous fish is one that is living in an area where it is not naturally found. A non-indigenous fish may be a fish from another country, state/territory or catchment. For example, a fish that is naturally found in the northern part of Queensland (eg banded grunter) would be classed as non-indigenous if it was found in waterways in south-east Queensland.

but they are not on the Exotic pest fish or Noxious fish or Exotic pest fish - Non-indigenous fish lists

Size, take and possession limits - fresh waters

The following freshwater species have a take and possession limit of 20

Banded grunter

but i can't find anything on i should kill them like tilapia

stuffs me been read the site for a hr and 1/2 looked tons of pages and have a headache from reading.

anyways the bream went back to be caught another day as i don't feel like fish tonight and the 2 banded grunters are mick

jaguar food he has been hungry ate a 4 inch c keeping them in the ta,nk should be fine or using them as jag food lolatty and 4 inch gar last week

gday dave their not a fish you have to kill like tilapia , the reason their in there was a mistaken release in somerset many years ago!! they have spread throughout wivenhoe then the brisbane river all the way to colleges.. but if you were to take them live and they got into another river or creek system then you would be in trouble

ah k i did read this

probably occurred following the stocking of Australian bass fingerlings that were contaminated with banded grunter fingerlings.

cheeky buggers them banded grunters.

this is mick jaguar about 8 1/2 inch ,mick dose not like me and is camera shy.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P2162097a.jpg

i catch him and get the dead fish out of his mouth if they where fish i liked and trying to keep alive .he has never forgiven me or forgot.

i had about 20 of them as a 1 1/2 inch babes but he grew the fastest and ate or beat up the other jaguars and the convicts and every other fish thats ever in his tank.i did have 4 last year , a breeding pair and him another 1 .the pair bred and the male killed the female.so there was 3 males in the main tank mick beat the other 2 up 1 died 1 got moved but it died when i was away and mate was feeding the fish.

post-4394-144598486328_thumb.jpg

went back out there today the 25/2

got banded grunter 8 to 15 cm ,catty 20 cm and gar 8 to 20 cm nothing special of good but still fun.its non stop with the little pests biting so u don't get bored.i end up using one of the kids little rods and gar rig to make it a bit more fun trying to get a double hookup.

Archived