New Post Notification (multiple emails)

werewolf

Hey Webby

I'm wondering whether it would be possible to only get a single notification of new posts to a thread, until the thread is viewed within the website (similar to Ausfish)?

I know its my fault for subscribing to too many threads, but getting stacks of emails about the same thread really clutters up inboxes. I guess though the emails actually give message content for this site, whereas some other forums don't.

That said some members might like just reading posts from their email, whereas I like viewing it from the site (so you get the history, and pics).

So yeah it would be my preference to get a single notification but it may not suit everyone...

cheersB)

sorry not possible with the forum used. there are other forum codes out there that can do it but for numerous reasons are not suitable for this site. the point of the subscription to a thread is to find out the latest posts in it. there isnt really much point in having an email sent to you about activity in a thread only to be a page down in your inbox after a day and then into oblivion before you actually go back to the site and check up on the thread. best solution would be to try and limit the subscriptions to threads to ones you want to be updated on and the rest you can catch up on when on the site.

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/01/04 16:16

Archived