Texas, Inglewood

Aaron H

Ok my plans of going to Chinchilla for the long weekend have been soured. After some investigating have come to the conclusion that this drought really sucks and as the song goes \"Way out west where the rain don't fall\" is seriously hampering my efforts to go fishing for yellas in an outback river:( . So am now turning my attention to the Texas, inglewood area and was wondering if anyone has fished the Dumaresq river. The Macintyre brook is my back up plan if I can't find any good spots at Texas, as I was only down there a couple of months back and it was nearly full. Any info would be greatly appreciated guys

I was thinking that mate, but one thing that annoys me on lakes is water skiers. I can be a bad tempered bugger at the best of times and if they come over and start annoying me it can get a bit heated, long weekends I prefer to go where its a bit quieter but will be interested to hear his reports as Leslie, Glenlyon and Coolmunda are all the last resorts if I cant get a river spot.

Most of the regular spots at glenlyon would be out of range for an electric but there are plenty of weed beds close to the ramp which may be productive. I would be thinking of the dumeresq or mackintyre brook there are quite a few stock reserves that you can camp on right at the rivers edge. Give Brian Dare at the glenlyon van park a ring and he will fill you in with all the local info as far down as gundy. Another helpfull source of info is the boys at mullett gut marine in toowoomba.

And if you are at glenlyon between 10th to the 17th we are in cabin 4 and have a spare bed.

ray

Archived