Colleges this weekend

dan25

Hey guys

Lt obvious and i are heading out to Colleges on Sat night, and sunday.

Thinking of targeting some bream, catties, and maybe try out a few SPs and

hardbodies, should be fun.

I was also thinking of targeting some Mullet, ive heard that just using a piece of bread

under a float is the way to go, but is there a better way??

any help would be great.

Thanks

Dan

a report of the care taker that lives in that white house near the kiosk caught a magrove jack near the bridge at night not the first one ive heard of from there.

have you concidered fishing 2 km down river at johnsons rock deep hole 15 metres deep great for sharks bream flatty trevally and tailor still accessable by car just a little walk look in your beacon 2 beacon 2find

mick fillet wrote:

a report of the care taker that lives in that white house near the kiosk caught a magrove jack near the bridge at night not the first one ive heard of from there.

have you concidered fishing 2 km down river at johnsons rock deep hole 15 metres deep great for sharks bream flatty trevally and tailor still accessable by car just a little walk look in your beacon 2 beacon 2find

thanks guys

thats a good idea, will also bring some sharking gear for sat night.

Weres this Johnsons rock? sounds good, is it only 2km down from Colleges?

if it is, then we should probably try that out. if u could let me know the address that would be awesome.

thanks for that :)

mick fillet wrote:

Jacks, Trevally, Tailor? what kinda trevs? Never heard of tailor up there..? interesting..

Yeah deff take a shark set up.

Also kill as many tillies as you can see. We were there today and cast netted lots of them :(

Sharks were not biting for us so hopefully you have better luck at night.

There are plenty of mullet and gar around including a 40cm one Henry caught so you would have a good chance with a small peice of dough under a float.

Angus

mick fillet wrote:

yeah you could try a cast net it works well it is legal to do as colleges is influenced be tidal flow

I am wondering about the new rules, the new fish guide I got no longer says cast nets allowed in tidal flow, it says cast nets cant be used in fresh water. Now that's possibly being pedantic, but the way they have worded the closed season stuff is a bit weird as well.

The rules used to be you could not target any fish in its closed season, but now it specifically says you can not target Barra for catch and release in the closed season, but says nothing for bass? Does that mean you can now target bass for catch and release in the closed season, or just that they wrote the guide badly?

I reckon I am going to try and get a copy of the actual act, I dont want to get pinched for a poorly written guide!

dan25 wrote:

Weres this Johnsons rock? sounds good, is it only 2km down from Colleges?

if it is, then we should probably try that out. if u could let me know the address that would be awesome.

thanks for that :)

Pretty sure I'm the one that's organising this Dan! :angry:

Sounds great though - we'll have to check it out. Has anyone had any good catches at Johnsons Rock? Any info about what you caught, on what, when (ie high or low tide) would help heaps!

lt obvious

Archived