Went to the clontarf peer today.

plugga

Hello people

Today i went to the Clontarf peer with a mate, we used SP the hold day and caught nothing:( can some one help me???? i have spent around 100 dollars on SP and have not caught anything on them, it very annoying!!!:angry:. I have been fishing 8 times in a row and have not caught 1 fish!!!! Can some one help me!!!

Kind regards

Plugga:)

it can be tough.

i still haven't caught a bream on lure, and i've been trying for ages.

your best bet is probably target flathead first. i think it was stewie who went near the clontarf boat ramp and walked along the rock walk. he got i think 9 flathead.

try that.

just don't give up.

Plugga, wait for low tide, go to the Clontarf end of the Haughton Highway Bridge and wade out around the Wells (the rocks on the bay side of the bridge. Work your plastics SLOW around the reefs and dropoffs, keeping control of the slack line without dragging your plastic un naturally. Fish with short hops accross the bottom and strike at anything that feels odd, lack of weight especially. An average session there should get you unhooking half a dozen bream and or flathead.

Do not be put off by how shallow the waters appear to be the fish are there all the time, often in 6" of water on thier sides just after the tide starts to run in.

Jack.

my experience is....bream need to be very hungry to bite your lure, or your lure need to pass their territory and make them attack it.

they wont hang out every where and find your lure to bite......they are not agressive fish,such as bass or barra. To be honest using lure can catch bream, but it is not the best way.

Bring more different kinds and colour lures with u. Hard, soft, minnow, spoon, vibra, deep dive......If they dont bite one, change another!!! Sometimes weightless rig with softy is effective.

good luck:laugh:

Dont feel bad Plugga... I went my first 15-20 times before I got a fish. Like the boys said it does have alot to do with the plastics you own and how you use them but it comes down to persistence. My consistency is improving dramatically these days as you learn what lures work best in what situations, how to use them etc etc etc... Its like learning to surf - its not just a matter of buying a board and shredding it up.. You haveto spend heaps of times getting dumped and washed around before you get afew little waves that keep your interest and then it just snow balls.. Yo yo is right though - The time I finally broke my soft plastics cherry was down the gold coast canals fishing the sandy drop off's, pontoons, bridges on mid tide just walking around the bank.. 2 bream and a flathead.. Since then I was hooked! Mind the pun :side:

I know how you feel Plugga about 6 months ago the missus and i decided to buy a selection of SP and rod's and reel's for them and i am still to catch anything on them. To make it worse the missus has caught so many fish it"s crushing,Her secound ever cast with her new outfit she pulled in a 45cm flathead that made me think this was gonna be easy.HOW WRONG I WAS.

Archived