How Low Can Labor Party Go

squidgie

Just received this letter via e-mail from Leeann Payne, this is getting to look like Joe B days were you did what you were told or else we will stick the dogs on you democracy gone out the window, not living in QLD is this what goes on normally with threats to businesses if you don't comply to Labor Party policies, my mind boggles

To: Editor of the Wynnum Herald.

Hello my name is Jim Theodorou,

For the last twenty – five years I have owned the BP Service Station at Manly. My service station is located on the corner of Gordon Parade and Ernest Street Manly.

I also own and operate a charter fishing business (Brisbane Big Cat Charters) in the Redlands, south of Brisbane.

Today, Wednesday March 4, at 2:02pm I received a phone call from Linda Harnett. Linda is the Campaign Manager for Paul Lucas. She asked me why I was displaying four LNP signs on my property and why I was not supporting ALP as well. She went on to tell me that over 50% of the electorate were ALP supporters and it would be bad for business if I did not at least support both.

I believed that I had just received a thinly veiled threat to my business viability from Linda and went on the offensive.

I explained to Linda that I was a member of the Marine Queensland Charter Vessel Division. I told her I was extremely disappointed with the way her government was treating the Charter Operators by leaving them out of the Moreton Bay Marine Park SAP and ignoring the charter sector input throughout the MBMP sham “consultation†process conducted by the EPA.

Not only would my service station lose customers but I would also lose a tenant (Water Tower Bait and Tackle) through the damage done to the local fishing industry as well as lose my new charter fishing business.

I explained to Linda my extreme disappointment Paul Lucas had avoided meeting with the MQCVD, even cancelling set appointments and not rebooking other opportunities, but offering up Peter Shooter, an unelected adviser to the EPA Minister.

I told Linda that I believed her government had become arrogant and it was only concerned in winning the election. I told her that I was sick and tired of being ignored and that I was taking a stand against the ALP. I also told her they might get a shock at the next election.

There was silence on the phone and I asked if anyone was there. Linda said she was listening. She then informed me that if this was the way I was thinking then maybe she would tell all her ALP supporters not use my service station.

I was shocked, imagine how desperate the ALP must be if they need to scare one person just to get their way.

I am writing this letter to all my customers whom I have looked after for many years.

I am asking for your help and support.

The last time I looked Queensland was still a Democracy.

NOBODY SHOULD BE BULLIED BY THE ALP OR BY ANY OTHER GROUP BECAUSE OF THEIR PERSONAL POLITICAL VIEWS.

Kindest regards

Jim Theodorou

[img size=224]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/641_animatedgif5_2-aa38f2a1f37278bf9c61ccceeba9323a.gif

Squidgie

post-3753-144598487343_thumb.gif

I liked his reply though. Backed up by not ony opinion but hard facts.

I bet that threw her for six.

Its good to see that despite these thinly veiled and later not so thinly veiled threats this business owner is sticking up for what he believes in based on these facts and not old school leanings and bias I think many voters still use. More people need to actually assess what politicians are saying, or at least promising as opposed to just spouting their 20 allegiance to either Labor or Liberal.

Since I am working at Gumdale today I might go fill my tank :)

Angus

Angus

I'm not an ALP supporter, as a matter of fact, like most of you I'm quite dissappointed in the Bligh government.

However I think we need to keep this letter in perspective. The threat din't come from the ALP or any of it's elected representatives. It came from a paid employee.

I'm quite sure that if Paul Lucas was made aware of it there would be some immediate damage control measures.

If thats what a paid employee is capable of, imagine what those who are elected to represent us all have the power to do.

Sensational comeback on the phone that really left her grasping at straws. I hope the general public read the paper over that way and regardless of what their political persuasions are, support the guys business and support him for having a go.

May his pumps meltdown from over use!

Amen to that.

Pretty sad... Like high school kids.. If I can't do anything, my friends will...

Why can't they just handle losing a vote / couple of hundred.

QLD need to decide - This is their lives and choice.

Not being told what to do. Freedom is a privellege. Let's use it.

noname wrote:

his pumps won't melt down from over use, only 2/3 pumps there from memory that don't run ethanol through them, strange for someone in the boating community. however i do buy smokes and coke from there on my way.

BP didn't he say? means all his fuel should have ethanol in it.

"I have made it clear to Ms Harnett this was not appropriate; she understands she has done the wrong thing and it won't happen again," Mr Lucas wrote.

Well it was an anonymous phone call from Ms Harnett so who knows how often it has happened and people thought it was a genuine customer of theirs. And how many anonymous phone calls will be made in the future?

If it wasn't for Theodorou's thinking of checking the number she'd still be harassing local businesses.

Joel ;)

It makes you wonder how low the Labor Party will go to gain a vote :huh: and what will they do next, if they gain power again what will stop they taking more of our fishing areas, on the NSW North Coast they are trying to make from South Ballina Beach to Yamba a Marine Park this is one hell of a bite, and quite frankly I'm a bit worried this might happen. I don't know if you all know this but all Governments in Australia except one(Western Aus) got in on Green preferences, so anything that the governing body wishes to get past they have to make sure the Greens will back it for them, hence as i call it BLACK MAIL starts, for us to pass (the Greens) this we want well do i need to go any further, MARINE PARK, MARINE PARK, MARINE PARK, it has already been stated they want the whole of the East Coast of Australia by i think 2020 guess what they have a pretty big piece already, most Marine Parks in NSW are in non labor seats just wondering if it is the same in QLD if so watch this space if Labor is returned in your State

[img size=224]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/641_animatedgif5_2-138ca0874a85df1ac59a9f7dc33639ba.gif

squidgie

post-3753-1445984874_thumb.gif

MOLE!!!!! lol i was all ready thinking of voting springborg and this has secured my vote for sure,,,labour party is also responsible for the boat licence scam that is now a day course , just ask archy he will tell you he is mates with peter and he is the reason it is now a money making business lol , a remember the greens saying when asked how much of the GBR are they targeting and the reply was they will not stop till they get 100% marine park....

yeah borg says he will let amateur fishermen fish green zones 1 line 1 hook while they

review all marine closures scientifically. gets my vote.:unsure: but will he keep his

word

or just do another mongrel deal with the green scum like labour had to last time

never thought i'd cross the floor:S

very dissapointed with the labour party:(

and violently pissed off with the greens and thier mongrel blackmail tactics :angry:

The sad thing is there is noone good to vote for. All of the candidates are complete thicksh!ts. Anna Bligh is even worse is she is a smug bitch. Just have a look at look on her face on her campaign photos.

Speaking of low, how low are the labour party's adds taking Springborg's statements on economics out of context and comparing them to what other leaders have said? The funny thing is that even if Springborg did say that we are not in recession yet he would be 100% correct. Recession is defined as two consecutive quarters of a decline in GDP. :angry:

dhess wrote:

The sad thing is there is noone good to vote for. All of the candidates are complete thicksh!ts. Anna Bligh is even worse is she is a smug bitch. Just have a look at look on her face on her campaign photos.

Speaking of low, how low are the labour party's adds taking Springborg's statements on economics out of context and comparing them to what other leaders have said? The funny thing is that even if Springborg did say that we are not in recession yet he would be 100% correct. Recession is defined as two consecutive quarters of a decline in GDP. :angry:

Finally i have been debating that with people for the past 3 weeks, I say he's right, technically we arent in a recession yet.

Gotta love those recession ads they are pinning against springboard....all the other people they use in the ads are national leaders and he is just a state rep...puts him high regard me thinks if they think he is of same calibre. On top of that we still are not in a recession (technicly), so he is right in his statement. What bugs me is labours ad about LNP trimming jobs in hospitals schools etc.....everyone knows that its about shifting money from the fat-cats in their offices (mates) to where it should be, at ground level . Everyone knows that the more levels of departments that handle a pie will leave nothing left by the time the pie gets to where it should be. Do love LNP ad about Anna having a position in each of the main affected portfolios (roads, schools, and hospitals) and now the whole state...and all of them are following the same path. Oh and one other thing Anna....come clean when announcing new infrustructur projects and where the money is coming from.....the bulk of what you promote is being paid for either by the Federal Gov, or will be paid back via the users (roadtolls).....Eh, I dont need to ravel on...I am a swinging voter I guess, and I believe you should vote for what you think would benefit all for the sate...not just a name or group 'coz thats the way you've always done it'. OOh and one other thing I've noticed...me seeing a pattern here regards to Anna and Jeff Kennet...the similarity, and it is only one, seems that Anna is only trying to appeal to the city folk coz thats where the number are...only problem is that its not a vote based on total voters, its on total electorates, the majority of which are obviously not in brisbane or the goldcoast...I can still remember the look of total shock in Melbourne when Kennet was voted out...in total figure terms he rated really well, but strip services from outside areas and/or neglect them, and total numbers mean nothing.....your out on your arse.

Personally i dont think political advertising should be legal...

Particularly the subversive type, where they're not actually talking about what they can do for you as a voter, but rather bagging out the opposition.

In other business (and lets face it, politics really is just business), you cant just do up an ad to bag out your competition!

I remeber years ago it was either ford or holden that git in a HUGE stinkfist due to an ad campaign bagging out the other. I was under the impression that there was some kind of law passed (or perhaps it is just a gentlemans law?) stating that you cannot/should not use these kinds of techniques in your advertising...

It really does send the wrong message about the type of individual and business you are....

POLITICIAN'S are EVIL. lets face it, we just hope we are voting for the less evil one that hopefully mite do some good.there promises are like that of a used car salesperson.

there advertising is a mega waste of money that could be used way better.and they use it just to bag each other out like a bunch of spoiled brats.

we should go back to the old day's and burn them at the (stake)steak like the witches they are.

yoyo wrote:

I remeber years ago it was either ford or holden that git in a HUGE stinkfist due to an ad campaign bagging out the other. I was under the impression that there was some kind of law passed (or perhaps it is just a gentlemans law?) stating that you cannot/should not use these kinds of techniques in your advertising...

There are no gentleman in politics.:dry:

And I agree political advertising should be outlawed. None of it is factual and it always degenerates to a point where it can be likened to a group of school children bitching about each other.

The money could be spent so much better somewhere else. If I were a major political party leader i would issue a press release stating my party would not be wasting funds on slanderous political advertising and would put them to good use where they are needed. I reckon that people aren't stupid (most of them anyway) and straight away see through the bullsh!t of advertising. They would appreciate the new approach and be happy not watch the same brain rotting, repetitive bullsh!t.

Archived