Woody Point

Malexander

Hey guys.

Matt the amateur fisher here :)

Just asking if there are any soft plastics on the market that will definately get me a fish off the woody point jetty.

Tell me about your success stories.

I understand, tides, moons.

I want about 100% success rate :)

Don't flame or criticise. I just want to lose my fishginity.

-Matt

anyone can correct me if i'm wrong (happy for it !), but i think if you want bang for buck across a multitude of scenario's, you may be best served by a 3" jerk shad in pumpkinseed, laced on a TT lures 1/16th hidden weight jighead.....

a pack of each will set you back about 16 bucks. This will get you 8 shads and i think 6 hooks ?

This should pretty much avail you to any species apart from whiting.....

well young fella a jighead can serve a couple of purposes, it can be weight to assist with your casting and also working the lure to different depths, and some jigheads do actually have 'heads' on them, to assist in the lure presentation.....

Hey if you want to catch some nice fish on SP head to the Redcliff peer, throwing a squdgie flickbait in there with a weight jig head. And if you have luck you will hook up on a nice Pike B). only good eating if there big and thick, but if not great bait.

hope this helps

thx

plugga

This is just my personal opinion, but if you want to catch your first fish, I think it would be better to buy a pack of prawns and fish with that. Lures require a higher understanding of how a fish feeds than bait (to atleast catch a fish. To specifically target big fish, perfect presentation of bait is essential). But if you want a near 100% success rate, bait would definately be close. You should atleast get a Bream or two if you drop it down next to the pilons

Mal not too far from you, just head down the highway and soak a prawn under the highway bridge at coomera.....

I was there the other week briefly with lures and got a few small bream before i moved on, but there is deff a fair bit of activity there and tossing an unweighted prawn in there would pay dividends for you i reckon....

I'd dodge shorncliffe peir (also called sandgate peir / jetty) unless your fishing daytime - its a bit rough at night. If you go there during the day I'd try the rock wall on the other side of the old swimming enclosure. (The jetty was one side of the enclosure, the rock wall the other)

Archived