Spearfishing the Tweed :(

heidii

jimmybob wrote:
didnt think ya could spearfish in a estuary???? :huh:

I agree, it cant be legal...and if it is...it shouldnt! lol

Someone on the weekend was telling me you cant spear within 2 mile of the east coast??

Think it was the same bloke that said he didnt cut any anchor ropes :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...

thats the thing with most spearfishermen they wont shoot a fish that is touch and go or 1cm under. they get to choose there catch. I spear well within the regulations as I love all forms of fishing and are all for conservation and regulations.

Moari wrasse are a rediculously easy target and of coarse I always just admire there beauty when spearfishing, however not too longago I caught a beautiful juvenile specimen on line which had an inflated bladder from pullin it. Which ideflated and can only hope that it lived?

also when diving you do notice all the tangled lines snagged on the structure. and i always swim down and check the anchor is not goin to damage the reef and dislodge by hand when diving.

As for people shooting jungle perch and shooting undersize fish, well what can i say that is just the dissapointing side of the human race who abuse the rule and regulations in all forms of fishing and the community in general. so please condem the individuals and not the sport which some of us enjoy so much and try our best to do so is a sustainable manner.

please dont cast sinkers at us as we try to swim by there as they are very few places we get to dive and enjoy our sport.

• 1 year later...

Archived