Protest??

Travis

I will. But ill have to deckie :)

The only thing I suggest if a protest was to occur is make your aggenda clear.

I loose respect fast when your watching the news and a protester is intervied who clearly has shakey understanding of key issues.

Not saying this applies to anyone here, just I would suggest havoing a unified voice if questions were asked.

Angus

Angus wrote:

I will. But ill have to deckie :)

The only thing I suggest if a protest was to occur is make your aggenda clear.

I loose respect fast when your watching the news and a protester is intervied who clearly has shakey understanding of key issues.

Not saying this applies to anyone here, just I would suggest havoing a unified voice if questions were asked.

Angus

now's the time to do it given the pollies are keen to please

I just dont like the fact that fishos are copping it, spill or no spill things need to change other than putting some green ink on a map. Im not a big bay fisherman so it dosnt effect me if there is a grren zone here or there, its just the excuse for putting them there

:( In our backyard, how dare they sit by and send half a dozen grass rakes over there. To do what exactly, "What"?... I'm for PROTEST. They need to get the message loud and clear as soon as possible. But I do agree with ANGUS we all need to confer, and organize an AGENDA, KEY ELEMENTS & ISSUES. Stand as 1 & have a UNIFIED VOICE. This Catastrophe seems to be much worst than any one understands. They take our fishing grounds but allow this type of cargo to navigate threw our backyard..???????????????????? We are just lucky this is the first in 3 or 4 generations, but I can tell you from the knowledge that I have, limited that it may be. This is a CATASTROPHE that our yard won't recover from for many generations to come.I ask ALL MEMBERS & AFO to help organize an appropriate,DEFENCE & ACTIONS against the perpetrators & Governments. Can we start a solid column on this subject or can anyone help?????????? cos this took me an hour to write......YOURS SINCERELY, Nigel Stokes.....MAGIVA.....:angry::angry:

Along with a strong peaceful protest with a unified message you could always add a petition to the Qld Government's website.

I honestly have no idea whether participating in these e-petitions has any significant impact, but it takes very little of your time to "sign" it (provide your name and address details) and surely must be more useful than doing nothing at all. I think the more media coverage, and more importantly community reaction and interest will force changes. So every little bit counts and a good solid petition will no doubt put pressure on government, or at least make them aware of your thoughts.

Here is the link to e-petitions
/>http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/view/EPetitions_QLD/

and the link to request a new petition
/>http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/view/EPetitions_QLD/Forms/RequestForm.pdf?LIndex=5

i don't believe enough people will turn up for a protest, as people will think ah what tha. doing something else, i do agree with angus, we the fisho's surely in this day and age are a big enough force to be reckoned with. but we lack the people in touch with the real facts. and thats a bloody big part of anything. maybe a little chat to one of the best known companies in australia and abroard. yep the croc hunters other half. as i'm sure they would be able to access imformation others wouldn't. although i wasn't a big fan of his, i respected the bloke for what he stood for.

How long will it be in dry dock? im sure a week may be enough to organise something.

A meeting needs to be held and people appointed, maybe the ranks of afoers should have a part of this. irwin would absolutely be a good assset, but does that crowd have the same values as we do? or do they disagree with some of the things we fishos do?

i dont know them so i guess they would have to be approached

just a news update, the boat spilt more oil in he river today, and they were allowed by the authorities to hose ammonium nitrate into the ocean because it posed a heath rish...

pffft

Yes but the place that makes a difference is in parliament/government. Yes supporting the fishing party may be one option, but seeing as though they are not in power (yet in anycase) we still need to voice our concerns to the current government.

Obviously vote for the party which you think will lead the State of Queensland best, but for the immediate time we need to pressure all parties, agencies and authorities for them to understand the response to this incident is not acceptable and that better measures and practices need to be in place for this to not happen again.

Hose it down?

Would be better to get shovel and wheelbarrow.

I think, and know there are double standards. illegal dumping is it called?

Or if u ask the cops to dump and say it's a health risk u can chuck it over?

especially fertiliser. When there is 600 tonnes on the bottom somewhere else.

fishingnut wrote:

so who here is a member of our one and only political voice?

in all reality it is our only option protests mean nothing we MUST band together and fight these matters in the only places that we can make a difference!!!

i believe they the fishing party have their own agenda too.

how many board members have their own business's

of these how many of these people are in the fishing related industry

i know they are there, but i haven't seen or heard much of what they have done.

Archived