Tinnie & Tackle Show 2009

Angus

Just wanted to give a quick run down of the day.

Very exciting and fun in my books.

I was signed up to help out Two Bent Rods Doing the fishing clinics. This was good fun and although it was a Friday we had plenty of kids through. There was always at least a group of 6 ot 7 going through.

The first interesting surprise was Springborg coming down to check things out. I have to admit, after me putting a stingray on his suit and patting a bullrout, I gained a lot of respect :P

The show was good for catch ups as well. During the course of the day I got to chat with BFo members, twarren, noname, kriso, sports, mick and a few more.

Leeann Rob Payne also stopped in as well as Nugget from 4BC's fishing radio program. Oi by the way Nugget cheers! Nugget has been actively promoting all AFO events on his radio show and I will thus tip my hat :)

Besides my socialathon, there are some awesome boats to see. The tackle as usual is ok and ok only. The BCF stand has GULPS for 7 and 8 bucks a packet which seems pretty good.

Also if you visit the BCF stand talk to Brett (another AFO member) about the virtual fishing game. I was a massive skeptic but the hits you feel and the runs makes it all a lot of fun!!!

I wont be back this weekend due to personal obligations, but have fun whoever goes!

Angus

copied from the other tinny and tackle

Me and sticky went to the tinny and tackle and 4x4 show today .it was good .lots of nice new stuff to look at.

had a chat with 2 bent rods and saw angus but he was busy entertaining the kids ,looked like he was really getting into it too. can see a little angus in the future.

saw mick in there had a chat with him,looked to more of a look at than buy type of show.

had a chat with a cpl of the guys from the FFSAQ that was interisting.

bias boating werehouse , allround angler,coorparroo marine and river 2 reef fishing supplies .

that's where i bought a few things and i thought they where ok had good amount of stock etc.

got a few little trinkets and squid jigs that where cheap.got 2 cheap combos-graphite composite .they should be good cheap all rounders for the kids.

got 2 graphite rods, fugi guides and cork grips ,cheapies 30$ a rod .

they look ok ,if i don't like them they cost bugger all i'll let the kids use them.

anyways a good day out and interesting to look at all the new stuff:)

Bommie wrote:

the bullrouts and the big redclaw belong to the fisherman who caught them :P

Mate that was an awesome effort by the way. The kids bloody loved the big ones. So from someone that was happy to have the kids distracted for a while, thanks again!

Thanks for yours as well Mick!

Angus

The rods on sale were a great buy. I picked up a Shimano Catalana(i think)SP rod 2-4 kg rating for 49 bucks and boxes of Penn hooks for 2.50 each.I bought a kayak fishing dvd for 5 bucks,was wrapt in getting a almanic to cover this years and next years tides for 5 bucks.I also bought one of those funny crab pot things which you attach to your fishing rod for 18 bucks.

I resubscribed to some fishing mags for the year and got their little freebies too.

I also picked up the tackle kit bum bag for 15 bucks from river 2 sea section.This has got a plastic compartment for the tackle and areas to put your valuables too so I will find it handy when standing knee deep in water at the drop off around Banksia Beach and instead of going back to shore when I get a bust off,I can get it sorted then and there.

Dropped in and said hello to Kriso and then just wondered around.Those waeco girls were matched by the tjm and ARB girls.(How were they doin?)The boat prices seemed really good and some were very cheap IMO considering how well they were set up.Some nice Stacer packages were there.

Went and had a look at the 4 x 4 section in full.There seemed to be a hell of a lot more invested into this section compared to the boating section.

Overall, the tackle section was good except the savings for Sp's and switchblades were debatable.You could buy for less in stores but the rods were good value(the ones in my price range anyway)Was fascinated by the fishing simulator.Sat and watched a bit of an info session at the the fish tank.

Ten dollars was a good entrance price too and especially for those who bought children who got in for free.As with all places these days, the food was a rip off and only bought 2 drinks whilst there.

I enjoyed the time I was there for and will look at returning again for next years.

Hulk

PS- Did anyone else see the Bigpond combi and started drooling?How good was that setup.

I find these things are the same year after year. I only go every couple of years so as not to be disappointed.

Its always good looking at the boats. The fishing gear is usually the very cheap end of the market, so doesnt take my interest.

I do enjoy some of the strange sales guys with their revolutionary product.

Always a guy selling his ifting device. great demo lifting engines and stuff always gets a crowd.

A guy sells elloy welding sticks. Always a great demo

A bloke selling a coil thing for vehicles.

And a guy selling a product called solvex. He lights a car bonnet up then polishes the marks away. goos as new.

They always drw a crowd and are entertaining.

shortie wrote:

I find these things are the same year after year. I only go every couple of years so as not to be disappointed.

Its always good looking at the boats. The fishing gear is usually the very cheap end of the market, so doesnt take my interest.

Always a guy selling his ifting device. great demo lifting engines and stuff always gets a crowd.

And a guy selling a product called solvex. He lights a car bonnet up then polishes the marks away. goos as new.

Shortie spot on i will add the guy selling windscreen repair kits for $30.00 to your list

cheers

so i went back to the show on Sunday with my eldest boy,and we had a blast .checking out the boats and gear and girls .eye candy so much more fun to look at with a m8.oh yeah :)

so the Friday trip there it seamed like it was more a look at stuff sort of affair.

Sunday was a different story ,get out the 54 lb water snake they where down to 240$.

so went had a look at the 2 other place with them ,went back like only 20 mins later and there was 1 left out of 6. grabbed it and now that baby mine. :)

we bought rods, reels, lures and some boating accessory's all at cheap prices.

was a lot easier to see what was a good buy after looking Friday then checking out prices at home Saturday then shop Sunday.

so we had a bloody awesome day. the boy is 15 1/2 ,so checking out the talent and demo girls was great fun.he like the boating side of the show more than the 4x4 side .

stopped in said hello to kriso.good to meet u m8. :)

we watched a few demos at the fishing expo,where the big fish tank and stage was.

watched the weigh in for the Invitational Bream Tournament.

had a chat to Craig Simmons he is in the ABT bass and bream,really nice bloke.

have spoke to him out at kooka a few times ,always give a few tips.

so i glad i went back on Sunday it changed my opinion of the show ,and was a bloody good day. :) oh was very happy to get the electric at that price it made my day.

i have edit my previous posts to my change view.

anyways that my late report of the show.was to tired from going and working till today to write it. :blush:

reelchippy wrote:

shortie wrote:

Shortie spot on i will add the guy selling windscreen repair kits for $30.00 to your list

cheers

hahha yeah the windscreen fix is good all the car dealerships repair screens this way, i saw it hundreds of times over the weekend being next door yet still stuck my head round the corner when he was crackin the windscreen lol!

Archived