Sinkers on braid

MoparKevUk

Hmm I do it, but only when I'm fishing for small stuff, and have never had a problem with it. So if you're going for catties or other species that don't fight too hard I'd say go for it. I wouldn't like to hook up to something bigger with this rig however. Just seems a little dodgy imo? Too much abrasion from the sinker on the braid maybe?

Joel ;)

What half hitch thing, Rob? I'm not going to use a swivel now, I'll use a uniknot/blood knot combo. What is to stop the sinker running up and chaffing the braid as I will only use a light sinker and expect my line to "walk" possibly away or towards depending on the tide...

Picked up as good idea off Dino, if your a lure fisher whom might occassionally revert to bait, carry a couple of paternoster rigs ready made with a swivel, then just tie on to you leader if you want to use bait. Saves wasting expensive leader on running sinkers hooks etc!

Well it all went well for a few casts 'til I lost all the rig on a snag. Couldn't be arsed tying on a new leader so went with sinker, hook on the Crystal Fireline braid. Man, you can feel everything on braid, can't you? Got a good size legal Bream that dropped off the hook bank side. Loads of biting action but no hook ups. I am sold on braid! B)B)

(Didn't notice any less biting action without the Vanish leader.

Archived