Aus Fish

shortie

I used to be on there but got kicked off.

I put up a joke that I considered pretty tame compared to some of the dirty or sexist jokes on there. The mods mustn't have a sense of humour because they didn't even give me a warning.

Not a bad sight but you quickly get over all the ego's and politics on there.

I agree this sight is a lot better anyways.

That was the first fishing site I found when I hooked up the net. After a couple of months I found this site and never bothered with it after that.

I saw something on the telly one day recently and went to the site to have a look and now its $10, so never bothered. AFO attracts real people, Ausfish had some unique personalities from what i remember..:blink:

Is a proud 'life ban' member of Ausfish. Apparently my views and advice did not fit into the niche market of members there.

Secretly for anyone thats still on there, I think Steve Brown and 'Kerry' are closely related!

Have the stickers on my boat to prove I am no longer a member too.... cant find a pic, but those who know my boat know what I mean!

bootyinblue wrote:

Is a proud 'life ban' member of Ausfish. Apparently my views and advice did not fit into the niche market of members there.

Secretly for anyone thats still on there, I think Steve Brown and 'Kerry' are closely related!

Have the stickers on my boat to prove I am no longer a member too.... cant find a pic, but those who know my boat know what I mean!

A sticker on your boat? What does she say?

I am i a proud life ban recipient of Ausfish?

How does an officer get banned?

Yep. They have a great arcade.

Used to be a regular there but very rarely log on these days unless someone tells me there's something interesting to read. Apart from the aforementioned personality issues I think it has suffered from what comes with the large number of members.

It was certainly the place to be for info in relation to fighting the Green thiefs. Credit where it's due ;) Also found it useful if chasing freshwater info outside our little corner.

But I'm not a big fan of crowds, so that's why I came here :laugh:

I am a past user on Aus fish but have not been on there for at least a year, maybe more. I barely have time for this site. This is a great site so why bother?

Most the mods are good blokes and very fair in approaching matters that are not in the best interest of the site. I know they offer coaching and practice negotiation before banning anyone. The mods on here use a team approach rather then absolute power so egos don’t get in the way.

We are with a pretty good thing here.

I get on as many forums as I can to keep a bit of a finger on the pulse for work. However for social interaction AFO and SW Flyfishers are my faves.

Personally I prefer the smaller more concentrated forums like AFO for more reliable info. As a trimmer I have seen some very ordinary advice handed out on other forums and have also copped a spray when trying to correct it.

AFO is a good forum, my favourite for up to date information.

It covers a large area but doesnt not try to cover the whole of Australia, which I like.

Just watch out for the the flash player adds, they can play havoc with computers that are not running 2 gig of ram, Ausfish used to lagg my computer from adds, so in the end I actually resented the site for being so un- user freindly.

the best website is a light fast running website, which has been a great drawback for flashplayer.

dave

I used to use fishnet as well but dont now.

Only forums I really use now besides AFO are ENFF and nuggets.

As has been said every forum has a few stirrers etc, but to even raise it as an issue is stupid. Thats life. If you want to participate on any forum regardless of genre etc thats just something we need to deal with. :)

I personally dont have anything against any other forums either. I just only look at the ones I like most due to time and running this one.

Angus

Archived