Gold coast help

bream_queenie

Hi all

Looking to go down to Gold coast ( Surfers ) for some surface luring.. it will be our first time there .

Primary species ( bream and trevally) . looking for some information here if it helps to make our trip more enjoyable.

Places ( don't have to give your spot x but some general spots will be appreciated)

tides ( which tide is better )

time( day or night, dusk or dawn?)

any other additional information would be greatly appreciated !! thanks guys !

:) :) [file]

If you wanna catch fish on the surface your best bet is early morning as the sun rises and late afternoon as it sets will see you get into some good fish. Walking rockwalls casting parallel to the shore will get yo a few bream in any of the canals on the gold coast or along the western walls at the spit. Clear NW Pencils will always undo a few fish and is good on both bream and trevally.

Hi Queeny, welcome to the site! I was down the Gold Coast canals on the weekend and flicked lures around the jetty's and rock walls and banks around the council chambers on Bundall road.. Didn't see any Trevally although I know they are definately in there. Was hoping to see some surface action as that is usually your first good indicator but only saw the occasional bream hit something near the mangroves. I had a selection of poppers with me although didn't manage to give them a go. In and around the rows of jetty's I've gotten Bream on poppers down there before.. Best bet it to just work the structures and look for bird or surface activity.

Archived