Sunday arvo at Sherwood 22/03/09

Proffs

Gday all,

took my dad down to sherwood (near the little row club), on Sunday arvo to have a couple of cold ones whilst counting a few catties. Got there bout 3 or so and it was still 1/2 hour til low tide. Not the best but the beers were cold :P .

Just used mullet flesh for bait. Dad got a 15cm cat straight up so put him on my shark rod and chucked him out. Straight after i got 2 real good bites on my little rod and bam, straight under some rocks. Damn.

Anyway, we stayed there til bout 6, got one nice bream; high 20's, threw him back, only got more catties (bout 20), released my livey still live :blush: I cant find the usb cord for my phone but i got a pic of breambo.

Oh yea, we saw 2 dolphins heading upstream too. They came back past just before we left! Unreal! :ohmy:

I'll be heading down there a bit in the future to try & snag a bully so I'll keep you all posted.

Wow dolphins that far up! Amazing stuff, can't wait to see them sometime. Though chances are I'll be sitting on my own in the boat at night and they'll scare the crap out of me! Been fishing there much Proffs since I can down with you?

Joel ;)

nadders wrote:

thats awesome if u saw dolphins that far up, water must be nice and clean. i woudl have thought they wouldnt' like all the fresh though, sure they werent sharks or did you see em breathing?

I'm not too sure, but I would think dolphins would be different with regard to salt tolerance cause they don't have gills.

Joel ;)

nadders wrote:

thats awesome if u saw dolphins that far up, water must be nice and clean. i woudl have thought they wouldnt' like all the fresh though, sure they werent sharks or did you see em breathing?

hey Nadders,

yea mate, we saw em breaching a fair few times. Two of em together. They were going upstream and it wasnt til bout 2 & half hours later that they came back past (going out). Wonder where they went??

Lol there was an older couple there and when they saw the dolphins breach i swear i heard one of em say "look, a whale!" :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

obone wrote:

Wow dolphins that far up! Amazing stuff, can't wait to see them sometime. Though chances are I'll be sitting on my own in the boat at night and they'll scare the crap out of me! Been fishing there much Proffs since I can down with you?

Joel ;)

Hey Joel,

na, I've only been going there again in the past couple of weeks. As a matter of fact I havn't been doin that much fishing at all in the past 6 months or so; just getting the bug back now! B)

I'll be heading down for an all nighter one weekend soon chasing my first bully. I saw yours; very nice! I'll let u know when i go!

Proffs

Proffs wrote:

obone wrote:

Joel ;)

Hey Joel,

na, I've only been going there again in the past couple of weeks. As a matter of fact I havn't been doin that much fishing at all in the past 6 months or so; just getting the bug back now! B)

I'll be heading down for an all nighter one weekend soon chasing my first bully. I saw yours; very nice! I'll let u know when i go!

Proffs

Yeh sweet sounds good mate.

Joel ;)

Archived