Funny the first time

Proffs

Hi,

was at North Straddie a couple of weeks ago, just fishing off the jetty at Amity, my mate was using my shark rod with a live butter bream (i kno; haha), when the reel started screaming like i've never seen before. :woohoo: For about 5 or 6 seconds we were like little girls giggling etc when up about 30 yards in front of us surfaced a massive dolphin. :S :angry: Next thing I realised was how much of my 30lb berkley whiplash (?) was racing away so we tightened the drag up and snapped him off. Had a couple of laughs but then realised more had turned up. :angry: So we left.

Went back the next night only to basically have the same exact thing happen again!

Just wondering, whats the best plan of attack in this situation. Just go home or ??? Do dolphins mean "no fish" or not. Its hard to get a responsible answer from anyone.

is it back open to fishing even? the last time i was there they had taken the ramp off the jetty. i bet that in the dolphin baby season they'd stay away as the drop off there is one of the most sharky spots i know of. i would imagine that the dpi wouldn't look kindly on mistreating them- i guess in the same way as the aboriginals who settled there thousands of years ago they're the traditional owners of the island!:P besides you can fish every day but people pay big money to feed the dolphins and you're doing it for free!

The Dolphins are at Amity alot and yes you can still catch fish when they are there.

I have had them take my live baits before but have never hooked one I just see them dive dive down feel the rod go and thats it bait gone.

I was there Saturday in the Yak there were Dolphins around and small tuna getting into the bait fish. I caught a couple Bream a Flattie and a small Moses Perch while all this was happening oh and Squid heaps of them but I forgot my jig

Archived