Gold Coast Sharks CH 10 news 5pm

Shrimpo

ive been wondering, with all the baitfish ahnging around the way they are, what are the chances of actually hooking up?

placing your bait on the outskirts of the swarm make them more appealing? cause i would imagine the sharks etc would just chomp through the schools not really caring getting mouthfuls and mouthfulls, in which case your bait getting hit is like the sharks finding a needle in a haystack!

Hey guys

My mate chris and i are about to head down to the gold coast to hopefully get some of this action. Where do you reckon we try, i really have no idea where the baitfish are hey and i couldn't google it. I was thinking of just going off the burleigh heads rock walls. Tuna off the beach would be awesome. Any help or links would be appreciated.

Cheers

DAn

screw throwing a line in that with all those fish around, do it ecconomically, save your time and just use a cast net, 2 throws and youve got all the fish you need lol no time wasting rebaiting the hooks after you pull one in, just 2 throws and dinner for the next couple of nights :D

Nadders: You'd think that'd be the case with casting Slugs into Tuna or Mackerel schools as well, but you still get heaps of hook-ups. My guess is that the main ball moves in one direction, but your lure is acting slightly differently, out of time, so the predators see it as an injured fish and go for it :)

Saw it on the news tonight, moving North, should be at Moreton Island tomorrow. Loved the chats they had with the fishos on the beach "Me, going for a SWIM, I'm not bait, mate, are you mental?!" Where do these reporters get their ideas????????????? (And those reporters are the sort to back a green party as are the city dwellers who haven't really got a clue as to how it all works outside the concrete jungle, just my vent as I didn't feel informed enough to enter the recent electorial debates as represented here as I am a last July arrived Pom import....)

And as an aside, if this bait ball continues, how long 'til it reachs Caloundra? Or doesn't it, and it's a stupid ass Pom Q!!! ;)

Archived