sp and mackerel

squidgy flick bait in pillie color 100mm and bigger 1/4 tt jig head , using 60lb tough trace leader and you will get 1 out of three ;) the trick is to get to the bottom near a beacon three big lifts and drop back to the bottom pause for a few seconds, then flat out to the top......i have landed a few this way but been bitten off and spooled doing it lol

casting into working schools of fish with plastics can be fun.

Light weight if you can get close enough to the school

Most important thing as is when fishing slugs is to match the plastic with the bait they are feeding on.

Durable plastics are the go, leave your Gulps at home. Zoom Superflukes, Bass Assassins and Snapback

Natural Coloured Jerk Shads

With a lighter weight you can keep your plastic higher in the water if the Macks are busting up. Crank your plastic back to the boat, as much like a wounded bait fish as you can. You will soon get hit and busted off

Most important thing we found is not to let your plastic ( slug aswell ) break the surface

yoyo wrote:

wesfish why not just use a wire leader....?
it affects the action and every time i put it on they wont touch it, that is nylon coated black and clear and piano wire, i have tried and never even got a hit, when the water is so clear and the fish timid they wont touch the wire , thats why i stick to nylon 60lb max, and if you drop to 40-20lb leader they are onto it even quicker....

Archived