Threddy bait rigging

c_para

my advice would be to try different rigs, the same as a whiting rig, then a bream type rig, then think outside the square, a paternosta rig, floater rig. there is no right rig to use to catchin these things i have found, making the bait look as natural possible i have found best, this applies across the board. dont just throw a slab of mullet on a hook, try cutting shapes like triangles and the like, try 1 hook, try 2 hooks, try 1 hook through the piece of bait several times. try 1 hook simply put through the bait once. with a large tail wofting in the current, the answer is here and it will give you something to try next when you go out.

basicly a sinker swivel setup, live prawn hook it accross the tail

30 lb leader of 70 cm

circle hook or baitkeeper

most thing is that--

-- the sinker is sufficent for the current

-- the hook is not so big it butchers the bait and kills it

-- the leader is long enough to let your live bait move around a bit.

-- swivel is oik for me because I reckon the roll a lot, but hey..miss a few who cares

but yes I am sure there are more than one way to skin a cat here

dave

my salmon usually come from shallow water near the bank. You see the prawns jump on the flats alot on the incoming tide. So my rig is small swivel, 60-70cm leader 12lb and a circle hook thru the last segment before the prawns tail, no sinker and lob it just out into the water.

Archived