brisbane river mouth 28/3/09

fishinking

yeah i got snapped of presumebly by a big thready or jewie but we have hooked up to them. ill be out targeting some threadies next weekend and hopefully get one. thats a nice fish mate, yeh im sure it would have been a bit of a suprise bream fishing and then hooking onto an 80cm thready haha. where abouts were you fishing? I dont do much landbased fishing but i do like it.

cheers

It was upriver further but i do not wish to share the spot publicly as it is a small spot and recives very little fishing pressure and thats the way i love it :). Find the bait and you might just find the threadys ;) Boat based gives you so many options but generally the biggest threadys are the ones caught at the drop offs around the mouth especially the dropp off out from boggy creek. Good luck.

fishinking wrote:

yeh mate sure. feel free to pm me if u want haha, same as me i do like to keep some of my spots quiet.

Nice session mate.

Does Paully have access to all Franco's gear now that he is overseas? :P

I have seen some awesome photo's of Franco's from the river mouth, jew, snapper, cod, grunter bream etc, so I hope he has imparted some of knowledge to his brother. By the sound of this report he has!

Cheers

Angus

yes paully has gotten all of francos gear!!! hes over the moon haha. yes he has definately handed down knowledge to me and paully. we also got busted of twice by some big jewies or threadies most likely. the reels just started screaming and then snap! good fun though. well most likely be going very often these holidays. we have found that lipless crank baits and vibs work a treat at the mouth.

cheers

nathan

Hey all, im new to this site.

Been fishing brisbane river only 3 months now, after a mate told me of big fish. Been getting plenty of live bait and hoping for the best. Gotten on to big fish that have snapped me or spat the hook:angry:. Caught heaps of catties, big bream, sharks, eels, jew and my first threadfin 4.5kg and i'm stoked. There's plenty of big fish in the brisbane river, any other stories. Cheers. Ps A mate told me there was a coral trout caught in the river, what u think? PHOTO ATTACHED. [img size=1000]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Sized.jpg

Archived