New reel for catching bait!

Feral

Ok, I figured the State of origin is gunna be all about catching bait at that time of year (Bream).

So I thought I might get myself a new elcheapo reel for my Wilson Live fibre, the Ebay special I have had on it for three years is starting to look a little shabby, even though functioning fine.

I reckon to see how I go with those little 35mm scorpions and laserpros I got the other day. My baitcasters are not really setup for casting lures that small, heavy line on them etc. Flat out casting them 20 or 25 foot, so its the spinning rod.

I recently bought Alex a little Siena fro his mojiko rod he won at the Classic last year, nice little reel, but there was another that was tempting as well, a little shakespeare reel, the K2 extreme, that had a higher spec than the Siena (double the bearings, slightly more capacity), but similar price.

So knowing that should I buy another Siena, which ever looked worse for wear would be mine (kids rules!) I figured to try the Shakespeare. Cost was $65 plus delivery, which I think with all the lures I bought as well was about $8 from Mo Tackle.

So I spooled it up with the rest of the mojiko braid left over from spooling up alex's siena, and took her fishing. Went well, but was casting bigger lures with it, so yet to see how it goes with the tiny lures. Anyway now got my weapon of choice for catching bait in the Brunswick! But just not having the fireline is great improvement (The 6lb on the other reel was still like fencing wire after 3 years of spasmodic use)

KR-XTREAM-CFD450.jpg

Archived