Fishing at grafton on the clarence.

fishinking

hey all

i will be down at grafton this sunday for a week of fishing, wakeboarding, motorbike riding etc at my farm. I havnt fished the clarence down that far much due to catching too many catfish. Has anyone fished at grafton on the clarence and is there any good fishing there. I have heard of bass being caught at certain times.

i would love some advice and any information at all would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

nathan

Mate i was down there in december. Fished the salt water and caught plenty of good bream.

Yes there are also shit loads of catties. There are also good cod, flatties and jew. I reckon the best bait for bream is fresh chicken, thighs or breast. Good luck. :)

Fished the Clearence last month haad aball and caught heaps. :woohoo:

Only problem now would be all the fresh running down after the flood today.

Was on NCF last night and they were saying that the Brown water has arrived at Yamba :(

Anyway if you get onto "northcoastfishingnsw" search on the saltwater section of the reports. Look for posts by "Scrote" (scot)he's a nice bloke and will put you wright. He lives on the bank of the Clearence at Iluka.

Goodluck.

Lozz.

Given the rain they have had i`d be trying HB or live or even cooked prawns on the weed banks around the bridge or further up the river there are some great weed banks and drop off around the northern point of Susan Island and the wreck beside it for some bass that`s if the river is not already dirty from the run off, if so try around yamba for some big lizards. Drift the Iluka side of the middle wall with some blue pillies or livies.

If your just after bream then they are not hard to find around Yamba or Iluka.

But my guess is the river may be too fresh around grafton with the recent rain, I could be wrong though.

Sorry Nathan, meant to say too dirty not too fresh.

If the river looks clean when you get there on sunday then its probably a fair guess that the first lot of run off is futher down stream.

Go for a drive and check out around Junction Hill its not far and far less catfish. Even when the bass are as far down as Grafton it can be very hit and miss.

Good luck and let us know how you go..

Archived