Chicken as bream bait

Slyhawke

i like too buy fresh chicken guts from golden cockeral down at mt cotton. it doesn't need to be rolled in anything to enhance it for berleying and on light tackle (2-3lb) getting onto a few bream is good fun as they seem to go crazy for it. beware tho' - it stinks to merry hell and as chicken have salmonella naturally in their guts it goes without saying you have to careful not to get any on your durries (if you smoke) or coffee mugs as it can make you crook as. :)

fished sutton beach on the up in the morning pulled in about a dozen or so bream, 7 at 25cm, 1 at 37cm, 1 at 27cm. half a dozen small squire(boy do they put on a show in shallow water) the son caught a couple of nice whiting, 1 flattie just under legal, half a dozen small whiting(returns) and jagged a nice sandy. got busted off 3 times. 2-3 foot of water, 5 yards of the shoreline. 3hours fishing. only wish i was like that more often.

tight lines

Big thanks to all for sharing on this especially popeye with sharing his recipe. Hit NPR this morning with my boy and 17 bream, 2 whiting and a small obscure tiger striped thing that I have no idea of and will post a pic under fish id required. All up nothing legal but great fun.

Great morning/early afternoon and as the fish where hitting kept the boy entertained and interested. :)

One of the 17

[img size=375]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image072_1.jpg

post-4740-144598489915_thumb.jpg

psblake wrote:

Big thanks to all for sharing on this especially popeye with sharing his recipe. Hit NPR this morning with my boy and 17 bream, 2 whiting and a small obscure tiger striped thing that I have no idea of and will post a pic under fish id required. All up nothing legal but great fun.

Great morning/early afternoon and as the fish where hitting kept the boy entertained and interested. :)

Good to see you and your boy getting into some action. That's the great thing about the kids. They're happy catching anything, even toadies as long as they catch something. I'm taking my 2 young nephews fishing on Wednesday, so I'd be stoked if we could manage even half that many.

Archived