KFC 3/4/09 At Last.

rayke1938

Graham and myself had a late start and launched at 11 am. Weather was cloudy with about 10k of wind.

When we moved out into the dam itself we were met by a sea of green.

P4030578AFO.jpg

THe rain and wind had blown a sea of hyacinth across the dam and it had rafted up in a straight line in the new spot where we had set our pots.:S

What pots we could find produced well.

P4030579AFO.jpg

Most of the pots had around 12 good sized redclaw in them.

P4030580AFO.jpg

Ended up with about 3/4 of a 80l esky full.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

P4030583AFO.jpg

That was out of 9 pots. We couldn't find 3 because of the hyacinth.

The weed was that thick I thought that we wouldn't be able to get out of it a couple of times. Couldn't reverse only go forward.

Even the weed back at ramp seems to have thickened up.

P4030584AFO.jpg

Took us 3 hours to find and pull 9 pots but a good day and we didn't even get wet. Big shower came through just as we drove out of gate.

Cheers

Ray

Dinodadog wrote:

There was a boom in the Stanley near the bridge,I'd say some of the weed came over it.

THere was no sign of any weed below the boom all of the weed that was below the boom and most of above was gone at beginning of week. This raft was about 100m wide and about 1 k long and just seemed to sit just where i had my pots in front of the island.

Cheers

Ray

Depends.

I cant remember exactly what it costs. Ray and Dino joined recently they would probably remember.

But First year is a little dearer, coz its $5 extra for the key. (When they change the locks, as long as you hand in your old key, then next one is free, they have a series of locks they rotate randomly).

If you are a "competitive fisher" its slightly cheaper than a social fisher (to be a competitive fisher you have to do 3 comps a year, cost $5 to do a comp)

But it is around the $35 to $40 mark first year.

The only way you can join is to attend a meeting and sign up there. Meetings are held at 12:00pm in Kilcoy after the comps, usually the 3rd Saturday of each month. Just let one of the existing members know you want to join, that way you can come along for a fish in the morning and then go to the meeting afterwards.

Archived