Singles On Surface Lures

Keechie

hey everyone,

On the weekend hit up the barra park using my favourite lure at the moment(some unknown from singapore). caught 4 barra in 2 hours and had my vmc trebbles getting bent and straightened pretty badly, so decided to upgrade them to a heavier set of trebbles. this affected the action majorly and only caught me 2 more barra for the rest of the day. often not a look at all and sometimes not hooking up properly. i am thinking now would it be harder to hook up to the fish using singles? as by using some singles i got here it would make the action return to the normal producing action that has scored a fair few fish for me. with the singles they are extremely sharp and strong i am just not sure on whether it would still go ok. please let me know what you guys think, singles or stick with the heavy trebbles.

cheers,

nic

yep its the gammakatsu ones, used em on slugs and like them, just wasn't sure about on poppers.

and yep dean it is the one i got that cattie on, trying to get dad to go back and bet me 20 more haha.

and i will give that a go the singles back to back, just not sure if it'll like foul up but will have to see.

Keechie wrote:

nah no feathers, i don't like to use the feathers on the back of the trebbles i get too many fish coming up and tapping the feathers instead of taking the lure.

Cut the feathers down, the reason I asked is that feathers slow the popper down in the water

Archived