Monduran Redclaw???

Yoodles82

So i'm heading to monduran dam for easter.

Does anyone know if there are redclaw in there???

Is so, do you use opera house traps? What bait?

What sort of water, ie. in the shallow weed beds or in the deep water?

Any info would help, as we'll have quite a clan to feed if they're there :P

Thanks

Nat

yeah opera house pots are the go, cheap to buy and easy to setup, but lots of them lol best bait ive seen work is the small tine of catfood from coles/woolies home brand stuff and just use an old style can opener to punch a couple holes in the lid and tie them inside

best places are around weed/reed banks in the middle i guess, but anywhere on the edge of weed/reed banks is always a good spots for them and leave overnight

Also near any sunken timber in around 4-6m of water works. We used potato, pilchard and dog food for some good reults up in lake tinaroo.

If you want numbers make sure to check the pots several times during the night as the day produces very little.

finally make sure you pots have rings on the entrances other wise turtles get in and die, which we know from experience :(

• 1 month later...

duggo wrote:

heaps near the sunken logs use ripe rockmelon and dry cat food in a sock

Ripe Rockmelon? Are you pulling our leg? If not, does that work for sandies, mud and swimmers aswell? I've never heard of anyone using a fruit for bait. By no means doubting it, but am curious. Just seems acceptionally odd.

red claw eat meat ,cat food, dog food,meat, fish etc.

i remember a few people telling me something about the baked potato's ,something in it that attracts them.dry dog and cat food too some ingredients that attracts them.

blue claw eat plants.rock melon, fruit etc.potato

they using rock melon, water melon skins etc up at the mine in rubyvale .getting heaps of blue claw there in the dams.

that's what i have been told

Archived