Im No Longer A VIRGIN!

Gerty_92

Ok let me explain.

head off to the river to go for a flick with my trusty sx40. get there have a few casts and hook onto a small bream. then a cod, another cod, then another cod...then i went to try a new spot with the name of spot x. got there and had a few casts getting bored then another small bream, then a leagal bream then another cod...then a few more casts later i lost my VIRGINITY!! if you know what i mean. cast my sx40 out and wham i hook onto a fish which screams off. at first i though it was a gt with its first run but then when it surfaced for the first time i saw a big brown coloured fish but not much shape. so i assumed it was a decent cod. off for another little run and surfaces for the final time and then i realise what it was. MY FIRST EVER JACK. around the 50 mark.

unfortunately my sx40 didnt survive this ordeal with back trebel being ripped out hook missing on front treble and a chip out of the bib.

unfortunately no pics at this point seeing as at friends house unable to upload them. so be patient and should be up by thursday arvo

cheers cameronB)

Well the spot x isn't really a secret as many people here have fished it and i told you it so I'm gonna tell everyone else aswell(it's not asif theres another jack there anyway;) ) It was under the appartment blocks near newstead park.

Any way onto the fish! WHAT A STONKER !! 6lb leader aswell Good stuff!

Angus wrote:

Well done mate well done.

You said it stuffed your lure.

Id happily sacrifice a few SX40's for that fish!!!

If only youd caught that in the BRC :P

Angus

ye i know wouldv'e been good in the classic although i wouldn't want to kill it...also how do i submit catch of the week???

Archived