Trawlermen SBS 8 pm tonight 29/4/09

rayke1938

rayke1938 wrote:

Anyone else watch ? Force 7 and minus 5 degrees.Wow.

Cheers

Ray

sure did ray and thanks for the heads up too, how was that rookie aaron, i'm only here for the money. typical these days hey. if i was 20 yo again, i'd like to have a crack. imagine what those lads experience.

great show but they don't show you the guys #$%*ing themselves in the huge seas .very scarey stuff and a lot of them don't come back .the sea can be cruel sometimes and should always be respected as we've seen lately with a few boats getting into trouble locally

They certainly make us look like pussies in the conditions that they go out and work in .

The conditions are heavily regulated by the EU. They are told how many hours they are allowed to trawl each month.

How about the poor bugger on the prawn trawler he was getting heaps of fish and hardly any prawns but looks like he will have to dump a lot of it as the EU states as a prawn trawler at least 60% of his catch has to be prawns.

Terrible waste as the fish are mostly dead when the net pocket is emptied.

Cheers

Ray.

hahaha the accents, arrrgh glad they subtitle :P

ray it seems like a waste but at least the fish will be going back to the environment for food, i guess its better that they end up feeding the ecosystem if too much is caught, from a 'conservation' point of view

• 2 weeks later...

Archived