Noosa, Fairy pools???

androxy

Hello everyone.

Just a few quick questions.

I have not been fishing in a while since my uncle moved away and want to get back into it. Mate and I are keen to go for a fish tomorrow.

My unlce took me to this place in Noosa National park years ago and I would like to go there again. The Views were awesome and fishing was ok. I gave him a call and he said Fairy Pools, and Hells gate. Now i did a few searches but would like some up to date info.

So, Whats been on the chew around there recently and what bait / lure should i be looking at picking up. What time should i be heading there. I want to go in the morning.

Tides are:

High 3:50am 1.51m

Low 10:38am 0.63m

High 4:26pm 1.21m

Low 10:08pm 0.69m

Thanks allot.

Hey mate. Its been literally years since I fished there, but used to a lot.

Using live beach worms and pippies I have caught a lot of Bream and Dart there. There are also plenty of white/silver trevally.

Using flesh baits like mullet strips etc there are also plenty of bream.

Id say with the way the season has been going so far and based on my results at straddy last week metal slugs would also no doubt tempt some tailor. Or pillies if you dont want to use slugs.

There are also some surprises monsters off that whole headland so you never can tell exactly what you will catch.

Lee (pcsolution) has fished there a lot more than me and more recently I think so he may be bale to help more.

Id like to go back there myself with lures but back in the day I fished there a bit I was a bat only person.

Tides and stuff Im not sure about as I just used to go when I could.

Angus

Fairy Pools? ROTFL sounds like a place where gay men wearing pink tutus go to bathe. :silly:

Seriously, haven't fished there for at least a decade but there is some very good rock fishing to be had. Had one memorable session off the rocks in the national park where we caught a heap of quality tailor and a really nice trevally.

Like Jeff said, use extreme caution. Tomorrow probably isn't ideal as there is a sizeable swell already running and its meant to increase during the day.

Archived